HDID with trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDID with trades

I made several deals over the last month, and with keepers due in my league tomorrow, I'm done dealing and wonder how I did all totaled. This is 14 team h2h league. Prospects were involved in several deals, but the net effect is basically a wash there, and I mostly care about the majors. I did trade for more long term value than I gave, but I am mostly concerned about how I did for this year.

Traded away:

Brian Dozier
    Anderlton Simmons
    Michael Brantley
    Domingo Santana
    Craig Kimbrel

Traded for:

Justin Smoak
    Chris Taylor
    Justin Turner
    Carlos Martinez
    Brad Hand

I ended up with $26 extra auction money in the deals, but with our inflation close to 90%, that will only buy me about $15 in talent.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-02-2018, 01:09 AM.

Wow, I think you did great. Now, I'll admit my point of view is that Michael Brantley is an injury waiting to happen, and whoever has him will be lucky to get 90 functional games out of him, and the Brewers are going to hold Domingo Santana as a key insurance policy unless they get a true front-line SP in a deal for him, so his ABs may be anything from 300-500. In a 14-team mixed league, both those guys are near-zero values to me.

You give up a bit in the closer side, but I really like Hand for this year. Dozier's a stud, but you get a lot of power back in Turner/Smoak, and I like Taylor a little more than Simmons. And you get a true, front-line #1/#2 SP in CMart.

And never underrate the power of $26 extra in the auction. In a high inflation league like yours, I'd look at it as an opportunity to drop $7 more on three players you'd really like, and put $5 more into an endgame budget. Or $10 more into two players and $6 into the endgame budget. Man, that's nice.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Looks like the overall talent you received is about the same as what you gave up. More or less a $26 win in my book.

Comment

Working...
      X