NL Keeper List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keeper List

12 team, standard 5x5, except 1 catcher slot, 1 extra UT. 10 keepers plus 8 farm.

O. Herrera - OF - $15 ('19)
    C. Taylor - 2B/OF - $8B
    J. Peraza - 2B/SS - $5B
    J. Villar - 2B - $13X
    N. Williams - OF - $5A
    C. Anderson - SP - $2B
    B. Hand - CP - $3B
    B. Morrow - CP - $5B

That's 8 definite keepers. I love the SB's and Saves for relatively cheap.

2 more from:

J. Alfaro - C - $2B
    H. Perez - 3B/OF - $3X
    J. Turner - 3B - $37B
    K. Jansen - CP - $36B

FARM Keepers, up to 8, I'm keeping these 5:

J. Crawford - SS/3B
    J. Soto - OF
    L. Brinson - OF
    A. Reyes - RP/SP
    B. Woodruff - SP

I love having 2 bats and 2 pitchers likely jumping to full-time starting duty on opening day. Primes me for stars and scrubs strategy, drafting 4 $1 seat-warmers for Brinson, Crawford, Woodruff and Reyes. That would leave me with $127 for 9 players if I keep Turner and Jansen. $90 to an ace SP + stud bat, and spread the rest.

Also tempting to make room for H. Perez likely 15 HR/20+ SB season for $3 with positional flexibility... he won't approach Turner's production, but for $3 final year, should I take Perez and the extra $34 and pour it into my Stars N' Scrubs budget?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Yes to Perez. Alfaro has the starting gig and is very nice at $2.

Comment

I'm going to set my Brewer homer hat aside and say no to Perez. He was terrible last year, and the only way he gets major PT this year is if Villar totally tanks (definitely possible), or Arcia/Shaw get hurt. The Brewers are knee deep in OFs, so I think he's the sixth OF
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

My advice is Alfaro as a keeper and then spend all money on power because you don't have any. Turner if there is that much inflation because he has some. I know a 12-team NL only league is deep, but I assume that having some HR's and RBI's are sort of necessary to contend. Then again, if you just want a money spot, I have seen someone get one (in a 16-team mixed league) with pitchers and pinch-runners, so there is that strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          My advice is Alfaro as a keeper and then spend all money on power because you don't have any. Turner if there is that much inflation because he has some. I know a 12-team NL only league is deep, but I assume that having some HR's and RBI's are sort of necessary to contend. Then again, if you just want a money spot, I have seen someone get one (in a 16-team mixed league) with pitchers and pinch-runners, so there is that strategy.
          Interesting concept I hadn't thought of for Teenwolf. But, in a 12-team NL only league, he can probably buy enough power to finish 5th or 6th in HR/RBI, figuring 3-5 teams will dump. The key then will be spending his money wisely to put together enough runs/BA to be at or near the top of those categories, and invest more than normal in pitching to attempt to dominate those.

I did a similar concept in an AL-only league I was in years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'm going to set my Brewer homer hat aside and say no to Perez. He was terrible last year, and the only way he gets major PT this year is if Villar totally tanks (definitely possible), or Arcia/Shaw get hurt. The Brewers are knee deep in OFs, so I think he's the sixth OF
            Agree with this. Plus Sogard is in the mix as well. He is currently battling with Villar for the starting gig.

Comment

And there's no guarantee that Peraza has a job either...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                And there's no guarantee that Peraza has a job either...
                Undeniably that's the case, but who do you think is taking his job, Chad Pennington?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Undeniably that's the case, but who do you think is taking his job, Chad Pennington?
                  The Reds are currently working Senzel at both 2nd and SS, and he'll likely be taking over at one of the positions. Cincy seems to be happy with Suarez at 3rd, and Gennett at 2nd, sliding Peraza over to SS. Eventually Peraza become the utility IF if/when Senzel comes up for good.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    The Reds are currently working Senzel at both 2nd and SS, and he'll likely be taking over at one of the positions. Cincy seems to be happy with Suarez at 3rd, and Gennett at 2nd, sliding Peraza over to SS. Eventually Peraza become the utility IF if/when Senzel comes up for good.
                    Agree with this. The plus to Peraza is he also can play LF, so he'll get additional PT on days off/injuries there, too. I still think his 25-30 SBs in this scenario are well worth $5.

Comment

Working...
                    X