Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 Team 6x6 4th Pick: Goldy, Bryce, or Arenado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 Team 6x6 4th Pick: Goldy, Bryce, or Arenado?

16 Team 6x6 4th Pick: Goldy, Bryce, or Arenado?

Extra category is OPS.

Goldy: I think he may be there at 4. Even if the humidor has a negative impact, I like his across the board contributions. I'm just not feeling his upside as much as Harpers.

Bryce: upside is huge but so is the injury risk. In a league this deep the replacement value being so low, his injury risk compared to the other 2 is a major risk in my mind.

Arenado: his lack of speed makes him less sexy, but his durability makes him the safest pick.

What say you guys?
    Goldy
    0%
    Bryce
    0%
    Arenado
    0%
    someone else
    0%

The poll is expired.

Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

I chose Arenado. His consistency is so nice to have.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Out of curiousity, we're assuming that Trout/Altuve/Turner were 1-3 right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Trout and Altuve 1-2 definitely. With the OPS, and lack of a track record, I don't think Turner is in the conversation. I think Kershaw may me on some people's minds but with him only contributing in 4/6 cats he isn't in my sights.
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Is the 5th category BA or OBP? I assume BA, if the extra category is OPS but want to make sure before voting.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Is the 5th category BA or OBP? I assume BA, if the extra category is OPS but want to make sure before voting.
            Yes BA

Comment

1st round picks are all about minimizing risk IMO, and Arenado is the safest pick.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                Yes BA
                I went with Goldschmidt, who provides 6-category goodness. Maybe the humidor has an effect, maybe it doesn't. I'd put Arenado next, then Harper, who I don't think you should consider due to his proneness to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  No way. We all know Turner is a reach, even at #4.

Seriously, I chose Arenado. With the uncertainty of the humidor, I think he's the right choice. Though you can still hardly go wrong with Goldy.

If Ken's right, and Turner was #3, I'd even take Blackmon over Harper. And Goldy.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

As a $50 Goldy owner I hope he is the best of the bunch.

I find it hard to not pick Harper in a contract year. What if he stays healthy?

I am going with Harper's upside. This is the year he stays healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      1st round picks are all about minimizing risk IMO, and Arenado is the safest pick.
                      On that basis, Goldschmidt.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I find it hard to not pick Harper in a contract year. What if he stays healthy?

I am going with Harper's upside. This is the year he stays healthy.
                        This is what my heart says!

My mind is leaning Arenado for safety purposes.

Comment

Wonder if Stanton should be considered as well. He probably has a higher upside than the others mentioned considering this 6x6 format, although he comes with his share of risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            As a $50 Goldy owner I hope he is the best of the bunch.

I find it hard to not pick Harper in a contract year. What if he stays healthy?.
                            Then he outearns Arenado by a few bucks. However, on the 75% chance he doesn’t stay healthy, Arenado outearns Harper by about $10. Remember that three of the last four years Harper hasn’t even earned $28.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Arenado's consistent top 10 return is why I voted for him as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X