Keeper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help

Hey, guys. Mixed 10-team league with R-BB-2B-HR-RBI-SB-Avg and K-SV-ERA-WHIP-QS. 'Normal' 23-man roster. I can keep one of these and would lose their respective round in this year's draft. Leaning towards Iglesias. I have the 4th overall pick this year. Thoughts? Thanks.

4th - K. Jensen
    15th - R. Iglesias
    10th - Bauer, Godley, R.Hill, A.Wood
    1st - G.Sanchez, Votto
    10th - Incarte

Phew...with BB as a category, I'd be hard pressed not to keep Votto, even if it means burning your first round pick. He's a five-category stud in your format, and an absolute game changer in BB.

But if you're unwilling to burn your first pick, I'd next keep Inciarte.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Votto was my first thought as well. I know that most fantasy players are big on keeping closers, but Jansen is so damn dominant. Although 4th round might be stretching it for him. Inciarte would be my next choice after those two if you don't like keeping a 4th round closer.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Iglesias and Jansen help you in 3 out of 12 categories. They should not even be in the conversation in my opinion.

Has to be a hitter. Votto seems like the right pick.

-- side note - leagues like this make me very confused - in this league you are significantly better off if your guy hits a double than if he hits a triple. Say what??

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Phew...with BB as a category, I'd be hard pressed not to keep Votto, even if it means burning your first round pick. He's a five-category stud in your format, and an absolute game changer in BB.

But if you're unwilling to burn your first pick, I'd next keep Inciarte.
          Votto for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Iglesias and Jansen help you in 3 out of 12 categories. They should not even be in the conversation in my opinion.

Has to be a hitter. Votto seems like the right pick.

-- side note - leagues like this make me very confused - in this league you are significantly better off if your guy hits a double than if he hits a triple. Say what??
            Yep has to be a hitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

I can just imagine myself on the last day of the season fighting for that 2B category and my hitter rips one in the gap and I'm thinking YES, YES, YES, then he rounds 2nd heading for 3rd and I'm thinking NO, NO, NO, then he gets thrown out at third to end the game and I'm back to "YES, my guy got thrown out at 3rd!!!"

So strange.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'm new to the league and it's definitely a change, in terms of scoring. Forgot to mention that it's weekly head-to-head roto format, if that makes a difference.

Just punching in some custom rankings with/without the BB moves Votto from #2 to #17 overall (and in contrast, Trea Turner moves from #26 to #5). Gonna be an interesting draft...
                Last edited by buffalopanther; 02-28-2018, 12:18 PM. Reason: league details

Comment

Working...
                X