Rank these Closers in a Dynasty:

Categories: Wins, Saves, Holds, SO, ERA, WHIP, K/9

Allen, C
    Familia, J
    Hand, B
    Iglesias, R

And give your thoughts s well.

Thanks
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

CAllen - In the closing world, there's high value to reliability and certainty of role. Yeah, he's older than the others, but I'd still take him first.
    BHand - Closer stuff, high K rate, young, and I think SD gives him a lot of rope if he struggles at any point.
    RIglesias - I'd not argue much with anyone who places him #2 on this list.
    ~
    JFamilia - As any good Brit knows, you never trust the French. As any good fantasy player knows, you never trust the Mets.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I agree with Chance on the rankings, although Allen does scare me a bit, as he continues to not be the best reliever in that bullpen, so there is always risk in him losing saves to Miller. I'd be tempted to move Hand ahead of him, if Hand didn't play for a team that is prone to trading their closers to contenders that may not use Hand to close.

On a related note, I wouldn't want closers clogging up keeper spots in a dynasty. They are hardly ever reliable long term bets, so my rankings are very much about 2018.

Comment

Hand, Allen, Iglesias,............... Familia

Comment

I appreciate the input!
          Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Concern with Hand would be he gets traded and lands in a setup role.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Concern with Hand would be he gets traded and lands in a setup role.
              It is a league with saves and holds as categories. I would be uninterested in any of them, except for the dynasty part.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                It is a league with saves and holds as categories. I would be uninterested in any of them, except for the dynasty part.
                Cavebird, help me understand your comment.

Allen is only 29 years old. He has 3 straight years of 30 or more saves. Why would you not be interested in him?

I have Allen in my AL only keeper league at $25. Someone is interested in trading for him. Not enough closers back in the auction and his opening offer is not strong enough yet. I am interested in your thoughts.

Thank you.

Comment

I just don't find closers particularly valuable in leagues where holds are also a category. You can always tank saves and win holds far more cheaply than paying for saves. Noting wrong with Allen as a pitcher, I just don't think they are worth the price. Of course, in a dynasty league, there really aren't prices, so maybe I just don't understand dynasty leagues well enough. My general thought is why pay $20-$25 for 35 saves when you can get 35 holds across 2-3 players for $5?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    I just don't find closers particularly valuable in leagues where holds are also a category. You can always tank saves and win holds far more cheaply than paying for saves. Noting wrong with Allen as a pitcher, I just don't think they are worth the price. Of course, in a dynasty league, there really aren't prices, so maybe I just don't understand dynasty leagues well enough. My general thought is why pay $20-$25 for 35 saves when you can get 35 holds across 2-3 players for $5?
                    Ah, I get it.

We don't use holds so I am feeling much better about Allen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Ah, I get it.

We don't use holds so I am feeling much better about Allen.
                      Yeah, don't get me wrong, Allen's a fine closer, in the tier below Jansen and Kimbrel, but still great.

Comment

Working...
                      X