NL only keeper league help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only keeper league help

8 team NL-only. Can keep up to 12 max. Pretty strong keeper list.
    I'm fairly sure i want to keep these first 11 (but let me know if you disagree).

Pretty sure keepers:
    Batters
    Pos - $$ -- contract - Players
    2B -- 5 --- 2 of 3 --- Ozzie Albies
    3B -- 25 -- 4of4LT --- Anthony Rendon
    SS -- 5 --- 2 of 3 --- Amed Rosario
    MI -- 11 -- 1of4LT --- Trea Turner
    OF -- 25 -- 3of4LT --- Charlie Blackmon
    OF -- 18 -- 3of4LT --- Marcell Ozuna
    OF -- 20 -- 3of4LT -- A.J. Pollock
    OF -- 10 -- 2 of 3 --- Chris Taylor
    Pitchers
    P --- 15 -- 2of4LT --- Noah Syndergaard
    P --- 10 -- 2 of 3 --- Luke Weaver
    P --- 1 --- 2 of 3 --- Alex Wood

I'm not sure who to keep out of these next three (picking 1 would be my 12th keeper). Rizzo will probably go for about $54 again so he's not a strong keeper. Hedges is not a bargain either. I'm leaning toward Tapia but who knows if he will get enough ABs.
    Unsure:
    OF -- 1 --- 2 of 3 --- Raimel Tapia
    CI -- 54 -- 2 of 3 --- Anthony Rizzo
    C --- 4 --- 2 of 3 --- Austin Hedges

Farm:
    OF -- ML(5) n/a ----- Ronald Acuna
    Last edited by whalewang; 02-25-2018, 05:08 PM.

Nice list.... I would go with Tapia; significant upside there if he gets playing time

Comment

are Albies and Rosario even worth 5 units yet in an 8-team NL league? who could you get for a buck at MI? somebody decent, I would think.

nothing against either player, but if a better MI gets called out early that you like, seems like he'd fill UT and now you're REALLY in a box after that if you take the guy.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        are Albies and Rosario even worth 5 units yet in an 8-team NL league? who could you get for a buck at MI? somebody decent, I would think.

nothing against either player, but if a better MI gets called out early that you like, seems like he'd fill UT and now you're REALLY in a box after that if you take the guy.
        I would think they are pretty easily. Plenty of steals, solid averages, and 15 HR power. (Note: I own both of these guys and I've always been a sucker for Braves from Curacao, so there is a bias here.) I've never played in a 8-team NL only, however, so it is hard to say what they are worth. However, if Rizzo is worth $54, they are easily worth $5.

FWIW, I would keep Rizzo out of the three if you like him. I don't see any reason to keep the other two. You have a great keeper list, and this locks down production at a price that you can handle. It is more or less pre-draft shopping, but with the rest of that keeper list, it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          8 team NL-only. Can keep up to 12 max. Pretty strong keeper list.
          I'm fairly sure i want to keep these first 11 (but let me know if you disagree).

Pretty sure keepers:
          Batters
          Pos - $$ -- contract - Players
          2B -- 5 --- 2 of 3 --- Ozzie Albies
          3B -- 25 -- 4of4LT --- Anthony Rendon
          SS -- 5 --- 2 of 3 --- Amed Rosario
          MI -- 11 -- 1of4LT --- Trea Turner
          OF -- 25 -- 3of4LT --- Charlie Blackmon
          OF -- 18 -- 3of4LT --- Marcell Ozuna
          OF -- 20 -- 3of4LT -- A.J. Pollock
          OF -- 10 -- 2 of 3 --- Chris Taylor
          Pitchers
          P --- 15 -- 2of4LT --- Noah Syndergaard
          P --- 10 -- 2 of 3 --- Luke Weaver
          P --- 1 --- 2 of 3 --- Alex Wood

I'm not sure who to keep out of these next three (picking 1 would be my 12th keeper). Rizzo will probably go for about $54 again so he's not a strong keeper. Hedges is not a bargain either. I'm leaning toward Tapia but who knows if he will get enough ABs.
          Unsure:
          OF -- 1 --- 2 of 3 --- Raimel Tapia
          CI -- 54 -- 2 of 3 --- Anthony Rizzo
          C --- 4 --- 2 of 3 --- Austin Hedges

Farm:
          OF -- ML(5) n/a ----- Ronald Acuna

Depends on your roster construction but I doubt I would protect 5 OF going into an auction. That means no Tapia for me. Same with locking up all your MI.
          You also have excessive speed.
          I’d look to trade Taylor and/or Pollock & a MI. If you can’t muster up a trade, then keep Rizzo.

In an 8 team league, catchers & closers cost should go down. Less demand.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
            The best MI available will be LeMahieu / Harrison / Crawford / Russell. I'm not going to bid on a MI to fill my UT if I have my MI filled.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              I would think they are pretty easily. Plenty of steals, solid averages, and 15 HR power. (Note: I own both of these guys and I've always been a sucker for Braves from Curacao, so there is a bias here.) I've never played in a 8-team NL only, however, so it is hard to say what they are worth. However, if Rizzo is worth $54, they are easily worth $5.

FWIW, I would keep Rizzo out of the three if you like him. I don't see any reason to keep the other two. You have a great keeper list, and this locks down production at a price that you can handle. It is more or less pre-draft shopping, but with the rest of that keeper list, it makes sense.
              Thanks for your insight.

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                Thanks for the reply.
                The best MI available will be LeMahieu / Harrison / Crawford / Russell. I'm not going to bid on a MI to fill my UT if I have my MI filled.
                understood. but there is an "opportunity cost" here. if LeMahieu is nominated in the first round and he is at 6-7 units fewer than you expected his sale price to be, then what?
                I also wonder about Taylor at 10 as an OF in an 8-team NL, when you have so many OF options.

easiest idea might be to look at who went for 1 or 2 bucks last year in this league that would have gone for a lot more in deep NL leagues.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

understood. but there is an "opportunity cost" here. if LeMahieu is nominated in the first round and he is at 6-7 units fewer than you expected his sale price to be, then what?
                  I also wonder about Taylor at 10 as an OF in an 8-team NL, when you have so many OF options.

easiest idea might be to look at who went for 1 or 2 bucks last year in this league that would have gone for a lot more in deep NL leagues.
                  Yes, that is possible. It is a tough call, but since he isn't keeping someone in the UT slot, I would do with the undervalued guys. If DJ or someone else goes way under value, fill that UT spot with him. Not too many guys will go undervalue if a team has keepers like that; inflation will be medium to high. I wouldn't avoid keeping an undervalued keeper on the hope that players will be undervalued at auction. I think it comes down to what prices are in this league (like you said) and act accordingly. I have not played an 8-team only league, but my main one is a 16-team mixed, and $5 for those guys are easy keepers there (I have Rosario at $6, and Albies as a minor league reserve round guy), so I would suspect it is the same in an 8-team NL only, but it is not always the same to compare half the MLB teams to half the league's teams, so it may be different.

Comment

Working...
                  X