Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade prospect Kyle Tucker OF HOU for prospect Hunter Greene SP CIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade prospect Kyle Tucker OF HOU for prospect Hunter Greene SP CIN?

Which one do you prefer long term and why do you prefer one over the other?

I prefer Tucker, because he is proven at a more advanced level and he is a hitter. That said, Greene has tremendous upside. If he pitches great this year, I could see preferring him long term.

Comment

Tucker...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Tucker.

Comment

Tucker. (a) he's a consistently higher ranked prospect, (b) he's 21 and in AA so closer to the majors and most importantly (c) he's not a pitcher.

This isn't a knock against Greene but I'd take Tucker over any P prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            I wouldn't go that far, unless you don't consider Ohtani a prospect.

Comment

Tucker. (a) he's a consistently higher ranked prospect, (b) he's 21 and in AA so closer to the majors and most importantly (c) he's not a pitcher.

What I was thinking as well, even though my hitting prospects are the best in the league with Acuna, Guerrero, Tucker, and Robles, to go along with a core of Trout, Sanchez, Turner, Devers, Hoskins, Votto, Odor, Segura, Merrifield, Rizzo, Upton, and Bellinger. I have some others like Cozart, Zimmerman, Calhoun, Adell, and Winker. My pitching is getting old and my best young pitchers are Cole and Talllon to go along with Price, Darvish, Arrieta, Hill , Hand, Morrow, and Hernandez. A bunch of. geriatrics's. I would love to improve my SP and obtain someone like Greene, but not at that price I suppose. I know my offense will kick butt but my pitching will be my undoing. Our league is a 5x5 weekly H2H. No salaries. Start 13 position players and 9 pitchers.

Edited to add the only pitching prospects I have are Michel Baez, Ian Anderson, and Jason Groome.

Who would you trade to improve this pitching? I would want to target young pitching, but there is always risk with pitchers. Or just stand pat?
              Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 02-25-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                Edited to add the only pitching prospects I have are Michel Baez, Ian Anderson, and Jason Groome.

Who would you trade to improve this pitching? I would want to target young pitching, but there is always risk with pitchers. Or just stand pat?
                I'd stand pat. Greene is 3-4 years out and when he needs TJ that's 4-5+ years before/if you get anything from him

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  I'd stand pat. Greene is 3-4 years out and when he needs TJ that's 4-5+ years before/if you get anything from him
                  I haven't read anything that would indicate elbow issues to Groome. Have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    I don’t. He’s a paid professional baseball player and while it was in Japan he’s still not an amateur which is the way I lean for definition of prospects. Some sites list his as a prospect (a lot don’t) and when they do he’s 1:1 so agree he’d be above Tucker in that scenario.

Comment

I haven't read anything that would indicate elbow issues to Groome. Have you?
                      No I haven't...just happens so often I want younger pitchers when they are a bit closer to the show.

Comment

Tucker does have a funky swing though (LINK to MLB Video of HR yesterday)

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Correct. Ohtani = Professional in my book at least. If we're considering him a prospect as some sites do, then yes I would take him as he will produce TY and be even more valuable in daily lineup leagues.

Comment

Tucker does have a funky swing though (LINK to MLB Video of HR yesterday)
                            His swing has been compared to Ted Williams

Comment

His swing has been compared to Ted Williams
                              Strong company indeed. Tucker hit another one out today so clearly its working for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X