PONY Keepers 15 team mixed 5x5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONY Keepers 15 team mixed 5x5

Ok so I have made a few moves, but before I lock in my keepers tomorrow I thought I would ask for some feedback.

5x5 15 team mixed league.

Locks

Gary Sanchez $5
    Ozzie Albies $5
    Manuel Margot $5

Pretty Darn Certain

Yadier Molina $4
    Elvis Andrus $16
    Zack Cozart $3
    Blake Treinen $5

I want to Keep

Chris Sale $39 - That price isn't coming down after last year and I love having an anchor
    Aroldis Chapman $19 I get my closers for $24 total and I love getting K's from a closer

The last spot

Kevin Pillar $1 - We have a 10 man rsv and Pillar at a $1 gives me cap flexibility and a very usable piece if he stay healthy
    Jarrod Dyson $1 - Pure speed, but with Margot, Andrus, and Albies I feel ok
    Carl Edwards $5 - If he was $1 I might keep him over Pillar because I think he could still wind up closing, but $5 isn't cheap as a keeper
    Andrew McCutchen $32 - Again unlikely he gets cheaper, but it feels like a lot to invest in him.

Anyone with any thoughts? Thanks.

I'd go with exactly what you have listed, provided that it's a 2 catcher league (why do leagues still use them anyway? I know all the arguments, but I don't agree with any of them.)

Probably correct on Pillar, but I think that Edwards has about a 40% shot at being the closer before too long...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yep 2 catcher league. Thanks Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'd go with exactly what you have listed, provided that it's a 2 catcher league (why do leagues still use them anyway? I know all the arguments, but I don't agree with any of them.)

Probably correct on Pillar, but I think that Edwards has about a 40% shot at being the closer before too long...
        I agree (except for the two catcher thing, tradition man!). I'm tempted to say keep Dyson anyway since power is easier to find and steals even in this form are almost always valuable and easy to trade. Plus the DBacks outfield is loaded with the injury prone and Dyson could end up with 50 steals. But Pillar is the far safer option.

Comment

Your top 9 are fine and I'd choose Pillar for the last spot, though I wouldn't find it odd if you chose Dyson or Edwards instead. I'd rather have the extra $ for the auction than tie up that much in McCutch.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Your top 9 are fine and I'd choose Pillar for the last spot, though I wouldn't find it odd if you chose Dyson or Edwards instead. I'd rather have the extra $ for the auction than tie up that much in McCutch.
            Agree with top 9 + Pillar

Comment

Top 9 + Pillar for me, too.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks guys I did my top 9 and Pillar. We will see how it goes, at least I should not have to chase much speed at the auction and I won't need anymore catchers.

Comment

Working...
                X