Keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper help

Hey folks, it’s keeper time again. 10 team mixed MLB 5x5. No contracts.

Goldy
    Syndergaard
    Yelich
    Posey
    moustakas
    Puig
    Story
    R Osuna
    k Giles
    j Quintana
    M Cabrera
    Castellanos
    S Castro

Have to settle on 10 keepers.

I have interest out there in Posey, Quintana and Osuna which I am going to exploit. However, catchers are traditionally undervalued in this league.

Trying to work deals for Dozier, Severino, Greinke, Cain or potentially Blackmon.

Interested in your views.

Originally posted by amcg View Post
    Goldy
    Posey
    Yelich
    Syndergaard
    moustakas
    Castellanos
    j Quintana
    R Osuna
    k Giles
    Story
    ~~~~~~~~
    Puig
    S Castro
    M Cabrera
    I'd rank them roughly as above. In a 10-teamer I could see throwing one or both closers back in favour of a bat, but I think Osuna and Giles are two good ones and worth keeping.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Hey folks, it’s keeper time again. 10 team mixed MLB 5x5. No contracts.

Goldy
      Syndergaard
      Yelich
      Posey
      moustakas
      Puig
      Story
      R Osuna
      k Giles
      j Quintana
      M Cabrera
      Castellanos
      S Castro

Have to settle on 10 keepers.

I have interest out there in Posey, Quintana and Osuna which I am going to exploit. However, catchers are traditionally undervalued in this league.

Trying to work deals for Dozier, Severino, Greinke, Cain or potentially Blackmon.

Interested in your views.
      Welcome back!

I am guessing catchers are undervalued not named Posey? Are there any good catchers back in the draft?

I would need a pretty good haul to move him in a league without salaries or contracts.

I do like the idea of moving one of your closers in this format. Yet I could see some keeping both. I just like to keep offense or top pitchers if I can.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        I'd rank them roughly as above. In a 10-teamer I could see throwing one or both closers back in favour of a bat, but I think Osuna and Giles are two good ones and worth keeping.
        I'm leaning towards this but keeping Puig over Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Welcome back!

I am guessing catchers are undervalued not named Posey? Are there any good catchers back in the draft?

I would need a pretty good haul to move him in a league without salaries or contracts.

I do like the idea of moving one of your closers in this format. Yet I could see some keeping both. I just like to keep offense or top pitchers if I can.
          Keeping two closers would kill me but they're good ones so... :shrug:

Oh, I also have Luke Weaver but I think I can snag him back in the draft.

Comment

I rarely disagree with Gregg, but am going to here. 10-team mixed, I move Posey in a minute in a deal where I can get back Blackmon, Dozier or Severino.

Story or Puig to me is a coin-toss, though I think OF is shallower if you're playing 5 OFs than SS is, so I'd probably keep Puig, too.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I rarely disagree with Gregg, but am going to here. 10-team mixed, I move Posey in a minute in a deal where I can get back Blackmon, Dozier or Severino.

Story or Puig to me is a coin-toss, though I think OF is shallower if you're playing 5 OFs than SS is, so I'd probably keep Puig, too.
              Umm...I did say it would take a pretty good haul to move him. Those names are pretty good.

Comment

So... in a keeper declaration deadline deal, I traded Syndergaard.

Received Gerrit Cole, Billy Hamilton and the 7th pick in the free agent draft.

This resulted in my throwing Moustakas and Story back into the FA pool for 2018, but I'm ok with that.

Comment

My ten would be

Goldy
                  Syndergaard
                  Yelich
                  Posey
                  moustakas
                  Puig
                  Story
                  R Osuna
                  k Giles
                  j Quintana
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

So... in a keeper declaration deadline deal, I traded Syndergaard.

Received Gerrit Cole, Billy Hamilton and the 7th pick in the free agent draft.

This resulted in my throwing Moustakas and Story back into the FA pool for 2018, but I'm ok with that.
                    So basically you traded Syndergaard/Moustakas/Story for Cole/Hamilton/7th pick?

Man, that 7th pick would have to be a great player to even that out - who do you project to be available?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      So basically you traded Syndergaard/Moustakas/Story for Cole/Hamilton/7th pick?

Man, that 7th pick would have to be a great player to even that out - who do you project to be available?
                      Nope, that's not quite right. I was *always* going to have to lose one of Moustakas/Story (see the original posts for context). Picking up Hamilton along with Cole meant I lost both.

You can judge the trade as Syndergaard plus one of Moustakas/Story for Cole+Hamilton+7th pick, but since I now have two of the top 7 picks (I already had the 2nd pick) I have a very good chance to get both back in the FA draft if I so wish.

Comment

Working...
                      X