what's a sane counter-offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's a sane counter-offer?

10-team NL-only 5x5, 18 keepers (mixed majors/minors), normal contract rules, minors contracts don't start until they're activated or lose rookie status and don't count against auction budget. I have a somewhat irrational love of guys with minors contracts who will be in the majors this year in general, and I have a bunch of them this year. Inflation: last year Kershaw $56, Harper $49 for example.

I was offered Pham 10B and Hamilton 28X for Tatis Jr 5/minors, McMahon 5/minors, Gohara 5/minors, Russell 8B, Happ 8A.

This is not good, right? What's a reasonable counter?

Current keeper list:
    Barnes 5B
    Freeman 33B
    Happ 8A
    Russell 8B
    Conforto 10/option
    Peralta 10B
    Schebler 5B
    CKelly 5/minors
    McMahon 5/minors
    Rodgers 10/minors
    Meadows 10/minors
    Tatis 5/minors

Godley 14B
    Knebel 10B
    Syndergaard 15X
    Flaherty 5/minors
    Gohara 5/minors
    Weaver 12/minors

Next three, if I cleared three spaces making that deal, would be some of:
    Pirela 7B
    Foltynewicz 4B
    Nelson 10B
    Familia 15X
    Fried 5/minors
    OMercado 5/minors
    Last edited by mjl; 02-23-2018, 08:03 PM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Yeah, he is asking for a lot there. I do like Pham at that price, but that is too much to give, for sure. I'm not familiar enough with NL only to know what a fair counter is but I'd certainly start buy taking Tatis out of that deal on your side. Tatis looks like a legit star in the making. I also like Russell more than I probably should. Maybe taking Tatis and Russell out of the deal makes it fair?

Comment

You're giving up WAY too much...I doubt that you can come to an agreement with the gulf being that wide.

I'd throw Schebler, McMahon, Gohara and Nelson at him, see if he blinks.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        10-team NL-only 5x5, 18 keepers (mixed majors/minors), normal contract rules, minors contracts don't start until they're activated or lose rookie status and don't count against auction budget. I have a somewhat irrational love of guys with minors contracts who will be in the majors this year in general, and I have a bunch of them this year. Inflation: last year Kershaw $56, Harper $49 for example.

I was offered Pham 10B and Hamilton 28X for Tatis Jr 5/minors, McMahon 5/minors, Gohara 5/minors, Russell 8B, Happ 8A.

This is not good, right? What's a reasonable counter?

Current keeper list:
        Barnes 5B
        Freeman 33B
        Happ 8A*************no--I am higher than most on his PT
        Russell 8B-----------------no--same as above, poised for bounce-back
        Conforto 10/option
        Peralta 10B
        Schebler 5B
        CKelly 5/minors**********maybe, it looks like a bad platoon for him
        McMahon 5/minors**********prob. no
        Rodgers 10/minors******************no
        Meadows 10/minors
        Tatis 5/minors******************no

Godley 14B
        Knebel 10B
        Syndergaard 15X
        Flaherty 5/minors
        Gohara 5/minors
        Weaver 12/minors***********no

Next three, if I cleared three spaces making that deal, would be some of:
        Pirela 7B
        Foltynewicz 4B
        Nelson 10B----------you do know he is out much of the season?
        Familia 15X
        Fried 5/minors
        OMercado 5/minors
        That leaves several on the board to trade. I'm not sure I chase SB's to the tune of $28, but that's up to you. Pham, that's a nice price, but you have to decide if LT contract? Maybe see what he wants for Pham?
        Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post

I would take out McMahon and Happ and add in Meadow for Pham and Hamilton. So Tatis Jr. Gohara, Meadows and Russell for Pham and Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
          X