12 Team Mixed keeper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Team Mixed keeper question

We are in a slow draft right now. I have a strong base - Goldy, Bryant, DMurphy, Bellinger, Ozuna, and Yelich for hitters and Stras and Severino at P.

If Miguel Cabrera comes to me, take the risk or no? Other options are closers (Knebel, Rivera,CAllen), a small chance of Buster Posey, Merrifield or Segura. ESPN leagues are start limited, so closers have higher value.

Thoughts?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    We are in a slow draft right now. I have a strong base - Goldy, Bryant, DMurphy, Bellinger, Ozuna, and Yelich for hitters and Stras and Severino at P.

If Miguel Cabrera comes to me, take the risk or no? Other options are closers (Knebel, Rivera,CAllen), a small chance of Buster Posey, Merrifield or Segura. ESPN leagues are start limited, so closers have higher value.

Thoughts?
    I'd be looking at:

1) Merrifield
    2) Knebel
    3) Rivera
    4) Posey

Comment

Merrifield has to be first. In a 12-teamer, closers should be easy to come by, so I'm not worried about that here. And unless you're starting 2 catchers, I'd pass on Posey.

Who else is on the board?

Comment

I'd go with Miggy, but I'm a gambler when it comes to future HOFers..I think that the guy has been really hurt the past few seasons, and still has a .300/25/90 or better left in him.

If he's gone, I'd certainly go Segura before Merrifield...he's done it before, and he'll do it again. Will Merrifield? Just don't know...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd go knebel, but I am a sucker for extremely high k closers. Revo is right that closers are super easy to find in a 12 team mix, and that makes low end closers with shaky skills or shaky job security worth very little. However, I still value the elite closers highly, and I put Knebel in the class now. Who you have already rostered plays a role in my preference as well.

Comment

Another vote for Knebel. Chasing saves sucks.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Wow, non-plussed on all of the options, unless 2-catchers and Posey. Who else is available?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I'd be looking at:

1) Merrifield
                2) Knebel
                3) Rivera
                4) Posey
                I agree with this. Merrifield's upside is too great. If he's gone, take a stud closer. I wouldn't fault you for taking Posey here. Elite catchers deserve to go early. Once they are gone, you can wait since the next tier are all pretty close in a 1C league.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                X