Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only Trade help J. Ramirez for M. Fulmer

Standard 10 team 5x5

I was offered a $5 Michael Fulmer (option year) for my Jose Ramirez $7 (final year)

On the surface it seems hey why not get Fulmer for the 2 maybe three years. SP is thin in the Al and prices have consistently gone up at the auction. I will need SP and Sale will be available. I figure it will take mid 30's to land him. Kluber went for $34 last year and may very well be kept.

My offensive keepers far exceed my Pitching keepers and I have more faith in my ability to find hitters in the auction than I do SP.

All this would lead many to think take the deal, but I am really unsure of Fulmer's health. Not a whole lot has been said locally about his health so that has me leaning toward rejecting this deal.

Any thoughts?
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

If I'm dealing a $7 Jose Ramirez, I want a heck of a lot more than Michael Fulmer, even at a really good price.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      If I'm dealing a $7 Jose Ramirez, I want a heck of a lot more than Michael Fulmer, even at a really good price.
      I agree with this. I'd need additional good keepers.

Comment

Yeah - Fulmer is a pitcher on a bad team coming off surgery to move a nerve in his elbow. Ramirez is one of the top players 25 and under in the game. I would be offended by that offer....

Comment

I don't know if I'd be offended by the offer, but I would politely ask what player(s) he forgot to include in the offer to make it a fair one .

Comment

Uh, hell no

Comment

To echo Revo....no fucking way!!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thanks guys. I figured my need/desire for SP was clouding my judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                  Standard 10 team 5x5

I was offered a $5 Michael Fulmer (option year) for my Jose Ramirez $7 (final year)

On the surface it seems hey why not get Fulmer for the 2 maybe three years. SP is thin in the Al and prices have consistently gone up at the auction. I will need SP and Sale will be available. I figure it will take mid 30's to land him. Kluber went for $34 last year and may very well be kept.

My offensive keepers far exceed my Pitching keepers and I have more faith in my ability to find hitters in the auction than I do SP.

All this would lead many to think take the deal, but I am really unsure of Fulmer's health. Not a whole lot has been said locally about his health so that has me leaning toward rejecting this deal.

Any thoughts?
                  Ramirez is really good. One day in the future, Fulmer might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    Ramirez is really good. One day in the future, Fulmer might be.
                    Agreed but this is Ramirez's last year of his contract so that is why I was tempted. I end up rejecting the offer.

Comment

I wouldn't do it for 2 Fulmers.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                      X