early keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early keeper help

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

After falling 1 IP short of finishing in the money for the first time in 17 years, I'm curious what the RJ croud thinks I should keep.

C- Chirinos $13
    1B- Hosmer $26
    2B- Merrifield $13
    3B- Moustakas $24
    SS- Bogaerts $36/2
    MI- Marte $8
    CI- Spangenberg $13
    OF- Benintendi $13
    OF- Chisenhall $8
    OF- Harper $37/6
    OF- Trout $37/6
    DH- Drury $8
    P- Archer $32
    P- Corbin $8
    P- Reyaldo Lopez $8
    P- Wade Davis $18/3
    P- Andrew Miller $20/2
    P- Herrera $7/2
    P- Madson $5
    P- Manaea $11/2
    P- Roark $23
    P- Mike Montgomery $4
    P- Quintana $24
    P- Odorizzi $11
    BN- Pinder $11
    BN- Strickland $4
    BN- Buehler $13
    DL- Wheeler $8
    Minors- Francisco Mejia $5
    Minors- Forrest Whitley $10
    Minors- Harrison Bader $10
    Minors- Willie Calhoun $10

Right now i have 5/6 of my ML keepers and 3/4 of my MiL keepers. Who should be my 6th? And with Whitley suspended for 50 games, is he worth keeeping?

Merrifield $13

Comment

Merrifield not close, and what's your goal with your minor leaguers? Is it important if they contribute this year? Whitley probably won't, and might not have before the suspension but it's less likely now, but he's still one of the best pitchers in the minors. I don't love Bader and if you had other options I'd consider them, but he's OK and he'll probably be in the majors but probably not with a starting job unless there's an injury or Pham turns into a pumpkin. Note that neither Keith Law nor Fangraphs have him in their top 100.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Merrifield $13
        Without a doubt.

Nice team!

Comment

+3 on Merrifield at 13. And I'd keep Whitley. mjl's question is a good one - Bader is a nice guy to have if you're looking for insurance for this year, but he's not considered a high-level player even if he finds time in St. Louis.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

+ 1 on Merrifield

I don't think Buehler would be one of my 6 ML keepers unless you are forced to keep him. You have several better options. Herrera/Quintana/Hosmer possibilities if do have that choice to dump Buehler

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              + 1 on Merrifield

I don't think Buehler would be one of my 6 ML keepers unless you are forced to keep him. You have several better options. Herrera/Quintana/Hosmer possibilities if do have that choice to dump Buehler
              I was thinking that if it was my team I would like to keep Quintana with the rest of that group. I like Ken's idea and would easily swap out Buehler for Quintana if you can.

Comment

$20 seems high for Miller too. I don't play in a 6x6, I'd image he's worth more there but not sure how much more - anyone have a valuation?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  $20 seems high for Miller too. I don't play in a 6x6, I'd image he's worth more there but not sure how much more - anyone have a valuation?
                  Using FG's auction calculator and Steamer projections, Miller's the third best RP, projected at $16. Also, relevantly, Archer $38 and Quintana $36. I'd forgotten about the $400 cap when looking before; I think keeping one of them over Buehler is correct unless you really feel locked in to keeping the prospect you presumably had at $10 last year. He's not going to make $13 as a reliever and he's unlikely to start much this year.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    Using FG's auction calculator and Steamer projections, Miller's the third best RP, projected at $16. Also, relevantly, Archer $38 and Quintana $36. I'd forgotten about the $400 cap when looking before; I think keeping one of them over Buehler is correct unless you really feel locked in to keeping the prospect you presumably had at $10 last year. He's not going to make $13 as a reliever and he's unlikely to start much this year.
                    is $400 the auction budget per team you used for dollar values ? I'm not clear if it is $260 budget with $400 cap or a $400 budget
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Oh I think you're right. Ok, ignore that, or at least multiply by .65. Quintana's still a better keeper than Buehler, but Miller is maybe less exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        Oh I think you're right. Ok, ignore that, or at least multiply by .65. Quintana's still a better keeper than Buehler, but Miller is maybe less exciting.
                        But not exactly .65 as Mr. Zola pointed out !
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

With Moustakas back in KC, who do you keep:

Merrifield
                          Moustakas
                          Manaea
                          Davis

I know my 4 locks - Benintendi, Harper, Trout, Miller, plus Buehler, Mejia, and Calhoun.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
                            With Moustakas back in KC, who do you keep:

Merrifield
                            Moustakas
                            Manaea
                            Davis

I know my 4 locks - Benintendi, Harper, Trout, Miller, plus Buehler, Mejia, and Calhoun.
                            Nothing has changed my mind about Merrifield being the keeper.

I would still choose Quintana over Miller and now Moustakas over Buehler.

Comment

Working...
                            X