Victor Robles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Robles

In a 20 team H2H 5 x 5 Dynasty league with no salaries/round considerations...I need a 1B. What level of 1B would you need to move Robles? We only start 10 on offense so it isn't as deep as a normal 20 teamer but 500 players kept.

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    In a 20 team H2H 5 x 5 Dynasty league with no salaries/round considerations...I need a 1B. What level of 1B would you need to move Robles? We only start 10 on offense so it isn't as deep as a normal 20 teamer but 500 players kept.
    I'd need a top 10 1st baseman, I assume that you mean MLB level, not minors? Robles is too important to deal for anything less.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

In a Dynasty league? A really study one. Jose Abreu level for me.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'd need a top 10 1st baseman, I assume that you mean MLB level, not minors? Robles is too important to deal for anything less.
        Agreed.

Comment

I'm not a Hosmer fan but was offered him and my choice of Gohara or Meadows. My only current 1B eligible guy is Jose Martinez.

Comment

Unless you desperately need the first baseman, I'd probley still not do it. But I like Gohara.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              I'm not a Hosmer fan but was offered him and my choice of Gohara or Meadows. My only current 1B eligible guy is Jose Martinez.
              Well, Gohara ain't chopped liver in a dynasty league. I like him, too. Say Hosmer has five good years left, and you have a strong SP for a while. Unless you think you can get a good 1B in the draft I'm a lot more inlined to take this deal

Comment

Thanks fellas for all your comments...still thinking about it.

Comment

Hosmer just isn't that far ahead of Martinez, IMO. If Martinez gets 500 ab's, I'd bet that their stats aren't all that dissimilar.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Hosmer just isn't that far ahead of Martinez, IMO. If Martinez gets 500 ab's, I'd bet that their stats aren't all that dissimilar.
                    I dont see Martinez coming close to 500 at bats. Tops out at 350. If you see 500 or so, tell me where.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      I dont see Martinez coming close to 500 at bats. Tops out at 350. If you see 500 or so, tell me where.
                      I was figuring 400, but we're pretty much on the same page for expected. However, he does have more upside than others in a similar situation - if Gyorko or Wong get hurt or suck (the latter, given past performance, is more likely for both), I can see Carpenter moved to 2B or 3B and Martinez given a legit shot at 1B.

But that's an iffy thing, and Hosmer is pretty much a sure thing.

Comment

I don't know, ask his manager who said that he's got the inside track to the starting job...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I don't know, ask his manager who said that he's got the inside track to the starting job...
                          I tried him but he gave me a terse 'no comment'.

1B carpenter
                          2B Wong
                          SS DeJong
                          3B Gyorko

OF is full as well.

As for chancellor's upside thoughts, Martinez is 29 y/o and I view 2017 as more of an outlier for a guy with a career spanning 325 at bats at 29. I am not putting any eggs in the Martinez basket except for maybe an end game pickup.
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

As for chancellor's upside thoughts, Martinez is 29 y/o and I view 2017 as more of an outlier for a guy with a career spanning 325 at bats at 29. I am not putting any eggs in the Martinez basket except for maybe an end game pickup.
                            I tend to agree in the abstract with that line of thinking.

When Martinez was on last year though he was one of the hottest hitters in baseball. It isn't outside the realm of possibility that he's just a late bloomer.

And for a historical context his 2015 minor league numbers would back that up.

I don't know what to make of him honestly. Which version will we get, the 2015/2017 version? Or the 2016 version that had a .757 OPS in AAA?

Comment

I tried him but he gave me a terse 'no comment'.

1B carpenter
                              2B Wong
                              SS DeJong
                              3B Gyorko

OF is full as well.

This is the rotowire depth chart:

First Base

1. Jose Martinez (R)

2. Luke Voit (R)

x. Matt Carpenter (L) OUT

Est. Return: March 1, 2018

3. Jedd Gyorko (R)

Cribbing from their write-up on Martinez:

A relative unknown entering 2017, Martinez burst onto the scene with 14 homers and an .897 OPS in 307 plate appearances last season. He's a Statcast darling, too; Martinez finished first in xBA, fifth in xwOBA and 17th in average exit velocity (min. 200 at-bats). It's understandable to be skeptical given the lack of pedigree and the fact that Martinez never hit more than 11 homers in a season while on the farm, but most advanced metrics suggest last year's power was real, and that he may just be scratching the surface

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X