2K18: Ryan McMahon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K18: Ryan McMahon

Curious as to what the pen thinks about him. Sounds like according to the different news he could be the Rockies starting 1B as Desmond looks to be playing more in the OF. I have him at $10 but not ready to add him as a keeper as I will need to observe how this plays out during ST. The Rockies have real good depth in the OF with Tapia, Dahl and Parra all working towards getting PT so I can see if McMahon doesn't work out for them Desmond could easily slide over to 1st full time. Thoughts?

High ceiling low floor play. If he gets the AB early and succeeds in a small sample (which is hard to predict), he may get a season's worth of ABs playing half his games in COL with a power profile.

If he starts off sluggish, they move Desmond back to 1B and he's relegated to the bench or minors.

Just comes down to how much of a gambler you are IMO.

Comment

Ken's points are all good ones. I'll add that he's also a competent 3B, and can play 2B in a pinch. Both Arenado and LeMahieu have been very durable, but just in case one or the other gets hurt, McMahon gives the Rockies options.

But since the Rockies consider themselves contenders, they won't give him a lot of leash.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Dahl and Tapia mean Ian Desmond can cover 1B all season if need be. Plus, Reynolds is unsigned. It will be a very short leash.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Ryan McMahon

Anybody think he keeps the job in Colorado? Thinking about taking him with my next pick but also considering AJ Minter.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            Anybody think he keeps the job in Colorado? Thinking about taking him with my next pick but also considering AJ Minter.
            He is off to a hot start so far. 7 for 14. No K and 1 BB. I have to agree with Ken's post that he needs to get off to good start. They do have Desmond to replace him at 1st if he doesn't. Do like Minter also and he could end up with the set-up role next in line. Depends on your picks so far assuming you must be pretty far into your draft.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              He is off to a hot start so far. 7 for 14. No K and 1 BB. I have to agree with Ken's post that he needs to get off to good start. They do have Desmond to replace him at 1st if he doesn't. Do like Minter also and he could end up with the set-up role next in line. Depends on your picks so far assuming you must be pretty far into your draft.
              Yeah in round 21...I took McMahon but don't feel overly comfortable with it. We keep 20 Dynasty style so was my 1st of 5 picks to finish my roster.

Comment

I'm not a big believer in McMahon just yet. Even in Coors, I just think he's a low-power option compared to other 1B options. I think he's a solid buy in NL leagues with a CI spot. But in mixed leagues, I'm passing on him. Maybe I'll come to regret it, but I don't think he's ready to be a major fantasy contributor in 2018. Not that he can't grow into it...I just don't think it will be this season.

Comment

I don't think there is anything left for him to prove in the minors.

In a dynasty I'd really like him, as his bat profiles just not a major power guy (but neither was Arenado when he came up) and his athleticism speaks well as him growing into 1st base defensively.

Playing time may be a little dicey but they want him to win the job, and at this point of a draft being able to get a guy that has a good shot of being the Rockies first baseman moving forward is a great gamble in my book.
                  Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

He went for $13 in the NL LABR draft last night. I'm still on the fence whether to keep him or not at $10.

Comment

I have him for $3, definite keeper in an NL-only keeper league...hoping his good start carries over to the regular season

Comment

we never talk about the Rockies, so this is as good a place as any for me to salute their 4-man bench's 0-for-29 this season with 14 Ks entering tonight. that is very tough to do!
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          we never talk about the Rockies, so this is as good a place as any for me to salute their 4-man bench's 0-for-29 this season with 14 Ks entering tonight. that is very tough to do!
                          These are the fun facts of baseball.

They were 0-2 with a BB and K yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            As a Parra owner, I join you in saluting. My salute is finger-specific.

Comment

I was just offered McMahon and Whit Merrifield for Christian Yelich.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X