Chris Taylor and Greg Holland for Freddie Freemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Taylor and Greg Holland for Freddie Freemon

NL only 5x5 $260 budget 12 teams. OBP instead of ave. Net SBs instead of sbs.

Chris Taylor 5 and done Greg Holland 5 can give raises or play out. Loose him if he signs in the AL. for Freeman $30B play out or give a 1 year raise.

Which side do you like? I am the Freeman owner.

taylor/holland side

Comment

Thanks Art.

Anyone else?

Comment

I think I'd hold on to Freddie...Holland might be lost and Taylor just doesn't have the track record. Plus Freeman is an OB monster.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Um...I'm gonna plead lost. Has Holland signed? If not, and I love Chris Taylor at 5, there's no way I make that deal. The only way I consider it is if Holland is signed and is the certain closer.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Um...I'm gonna plead lost. Has Holland signed? If not, and I love Chris Taylor at 5, there's no way I make that deal. The only way I consider it is if Holland is signed and is the certain closer.
            He is NOT signed, and I agree with you. Freeman is the guy you keep if you're going to compete, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Yep, it is a gamble. Cheap closers are valuable in our league. If he was signed he would not have offered the trade. If it went south I still get Taylor and $25 more to spend at auction. If he does sign in the NL I go to the top of the class with two real closers for a combined $30.

The Holland rumors are non-existent from what I can see.

I get too close to my own situations sometimes and like to get more eyes on them. If I was sure I would have pulled the trigger. I appreciate all of the input. Makes me think about things from different perspectives.

My knee jerk reaction was to say no. Then I started thinking what if he signs in the NL.

Comment

I agree with the majority here. It is like Freddie for Taylor and a lottery ticket---in an OBP league. If you are are rebuilding, he's worth more in dump season, and if contending, he's too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  My knee jerk reaction was to say no. Then I started thinking what if he signs in the NL.
                  Well, I think it comes down to who would sign him and where might he close. The Cubs could afford him, and he'd likely close there. The Phillies could, and he'd be a likely upgrade to Neris. And the Cards and Nats could, too, and he'd likely be an upgrade to what any of those have. In reality, I think the only team of those four that might actually be shopping for him are the Cards.

So I don't like your odds.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd do if for Holland was already signed to close in the NL. I don't believe in Taylor enough to do it just for him and a hope Holland gets a Gigi in the NL. I generally prefer the cheaper keeper when projected profit is similar, but Freeman is a proven stud and Taylor may have had his career year in 2017. Freeman's could be in 2018.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I am going to pass.

Comment

Working...
                      X