X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rays DFA Dickerson and trade Odorizzi to the Twins

Somebody should have beat that offer.

Comment

The Dickerson move is confusing. They dump his salary by either trading him or letting him clear waivers. But it seems hard to believe they couldn't extract at least another Palacios-level prospect from someone. I doubt they can get even that much after showing their hand with the designation. The Twins, Red Sox, maybe even the Giants, Braves or Marlins seems like east targets for a trade.

Comment

The DFA forces teams to lineup for him and offer up something (expecting something not on 40 man, although they have a roster spot open). If a team doesn't claim him, and he clears waivers, Rays could send him to Durham. If Dickerson refuses that, he then forfeits his salary and becomes a free agent because he doesn't yet have the service time to refuse an assignment and keep his money.

Comment

Hard to imagine that he would get through waivers

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            The DFA forces teams to lineup for him and offer up something (expecting something not on 40 man, although they have a roster spot open). If a team doesn't claim him, and he clears waivers, Rays could send him to Durham. If Dickerson refuses that, he then forfeits his salary and becomes a free agent because he doesn't yet have the service time to refuse an assignment and keep his money.
            But why? Why not dump the arb salaries of someone less useful like Miller or Hechevaria???

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Hard to imagine that he would get through waivers
              A 29-year old, controlled player who’s proven he can hit for power in Tampa Bay? Yup.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                But why? Why not dump the arb salaries of someone less useful like Miller or Hechevaria???
                The bigger question was why was Hechevarria even offered arb? The answer is because they're always trying to sqeeze water from a rock and won't call up Adames until Super 2. A serious org would have done that and let Hechevarria go and find something cheap as an insurance plan incase the kid faltered.

Miller I get keeping, but I don't know if either guy would be claimed on waivers at the moment. One is decent glove and no bat and the other is coming off a major injury and can't play anywhere in the field.

Comment

yeah, I think the risk with Miller or Hech is that they might just take their salary down to AAA.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Any thoughts on Odorizzi for this year? I picked him up late last season and I recall him doing very well in the last 4 -5 weeks of the season. I was planning to protect him at $7 for my 12 team AL only league and will now for sure as his chances to be traded to the NL during this season has now gone down a considerable amount.

Now in Minn, I expect to see a slight bounce back from his fy17 totals. Any other thoughts on him?

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                      Any thoughts on Odorizzi for this year? I picked him up late last season and I recall him doing very well in the last 4 -5 weeks of the season. I was planning to protect him at $7 for my 12 team AL only league and will now for sure as his chances to be traded to the NL during this season has now gone down a considerable amount.

Now in Minn, I expect to see a slight bounce back from his fy17 totals. Any other thoughts on him?
                      I'd keep him for $7 in a 12-team AL only. That said, he comes with risk. His second half walk rate tanked, and his FB% jumped a lot. He got away with it to a large degree due to a very, very favorable BABIP in the second half. But, I like the Twins up-the-middle defense, and certainly, having Buxton in the OF gives him a lot of forgiveness for a high FB rate.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Dickerson traded to the Pirates for a bowl of cold oatmeal and a used lemon slice (Daniel Hudson and A ball IF Tristan Gray).

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                        X