• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Per Rotoworld Oh to the Rangers

Two year deal
    2018 2.75 Mil
    2019 4.5 Mil Club option with $100,000 buyout
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
    Two year deal
    2018 2.75 Mil
    2019 4.5 Mil Club option with $100,000 buyout
    Any chance he closes?

Comment

I would assume he has to have a good chance of closing at some point, even if not at the start of the season. Claudio is just a placeholder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Any chance he closes?
        He was awful last year, so I assume that the Rangers are just looking for lightning in a bottle. He could close, but I wouldn't bet much on it. I would guess that Kela and Diekman are well in front of Oh on the ladder...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          He was awful last year, so I assume that the Rangers are just looking for lightning in a bottle. He could close, but I wouldn't bet much on it. I would guess that Kela and Diekman are well in front of Oh on the ladder...
          I think it is a great very low risk signing for the Rangers. I have Oh cheap, but unless he is named the closer to start the year, which I agree, is highly doubtful, I'll toss him back. I will probably try to get him back cheap, though. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up closing some games before the year is over. I don't think the Final Boss is done as an effective high leverage guy.

Comment

Better numbers last year or no, I'd be shocked if Kela is ahead of him. I think despite all the Kumbaya talk last year that Keone has to prove he's grown up enough to handle a closer role.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Better numbers last year or no, I'd be shocked if Kela is ahead of him. I think despite all the Kumbaya talk last year that Keone has to prove he's grown up enough to handle a closer role.
              Correct - while out of the doghouse, Kela is a long ways away from being relied upon.

Comment

And he was fabulous the year before. Relievers always have such small sample sizes, you never know. He has held the role before, so they will consider him. If he gets a good streak at the start of the season, he could easily get it. So could the other contenders. (Nobody has mentioned Bush, not sure why.) Lovely lottery tickets these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  And he was fabulous the year before. Relievers always have such small sample sizes, you never know. He has held the role before, so they will consider him. If he gets a good streak at the start of the season, he could easily get it. So could the other contenders. (Nobody has mentioned Bush, not sure why.) Lovely lottery tickets these guys.
                  I mentioned Bush. There's two different threads on this topic though, it's being discussed in the bullpen topic as well.

Bush is theoretically being given a chance to start. My guess is that he gets streched out and moves into a multi-inning role after.

Comment

Working...
                  X