NL blockbuster on the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL blockbuster on the table

Need opinions from trusted Pen advisors. Was just offered Marte and Vizcaino for Desmond, L. Castillo and R. Iglesias in my 10-team, NL-only dynasty league.

Would give me following keepsers: Goldy, Bellinger, Marte, Pollock, Story, Lamb, Ray, Nola, Cueto, Vizcaino.

Thoughts?

I don't make that deal

Comment

Me neither.

This is better:

Goldy, Bellinger, Desmond, Pollock, Story, Lamb, Ray, Nola, Cueto, L. Castillo and R. Iglesias

Than that:

Goldy, Bellinger, Marte, Pollock, Story, Lamb, Ray, Nola, Cueto, Vizcaino.

Comment

Defintely not, even if you took Desmond out.

Comment

One more vote for no deal.

Comment

"Marte and Vizcaino for Desmond, L. Castillo and R. Iglesias in my 10-team, NL-only dynasty league."

HQ projections for 2018

Marte 33
            Vizcaino 17

Desmond 19
            L Castillo 19
            Iglesias 21

interesting - at first

Vizcaino is most likely to be irrelevant longterm in dynasty
            HQ has Castillo with UP[side]: 3.25 ERA, 200 K
            but Desmond is age 32

everybody loves Castillo as a sleeper (as if), and this deal doesn't really offer the premium

I do think Marte is the best player, even longterm, so that's alluring
            I don't think it's an outrageous offer
            Vizcaino is my big issue
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              "Marte and Vizcaino for Desmond, L. Castillo and R. Iglesias in my 10-team, NL-only dynasty league."

HQ projections for 2018

Marte 33
              Vizcaino 17

Desmond 19
              L Castillo 19
              Iglesias 21

interesting - at first

Vizcaino is most likely to be irrelevant longterm in dynasty
              HQ has Castillo with UP[side]: 3.25 ERA, 200 K
              but Desmond is age 32

everybody loves Castillo as a sleeper (as if), and this deal doesn't really offer the premium

I do think Marte is the best player, even longterm, so that's alluring
              I don't think it's an outrageous offer
              Vizcaino is my big issue
              Those prices seem about right except for Marte looking high. He will have to really rebound on a weak looking Pirates team to reach that value. Is HQ looking for a high SBs from Marte? What price do they have for Polanco?

Comment

they have Polanco at $13 (down from $18 in the Forecaster in December)

36 proj SB for Marte, with a "longshot 20 HR, 50 SB"

I do think he's the best player in the trade, and that matters
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I think I agree with Judge Jude. To me, Vizcaino and Iglesias more or less balance out and Desmond is a small part. It is Marte for Castillo that is the heart of the trade. I know everyone loves Castillo right now, but Marte is a ton safer, and has some upside as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    I think I agree with Judge Jude. To me, Vizcaino and Iglesias more or less balance out and Desmond is a small part. It is Marte for Castillo that is the heart of the trade. I know everyone loves Castillo right now, but Marte is a ton safer, and has some upside as well.
                    But....I think the key here is NL only Dynasty. Iglesias is a fair bit more desirable in dynasty than Viz. For 2018 Marte>Castillo, beyond that Castillo looks safer. Who knows what the Pirates are going to do; could easily see Marte being moved to AL over the next year or two and he's also a PED suspension risk and didn't look good in his comeback last year. Castillo has all the makings of an ace going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                      But....I think the key here is NL only Dynasty. Iglesias is a fair bit more desirable in dynasty than Viz. For 2018 Marte>Castillo, beyond that Castillo looks safer. Who knows what the Pirates are going to do; could easily see Marte being moved to AL over the next year or two and he's also a PED suspension risk and didn't look good in his comeback last year. Castillo has all the makings of an ace going forward.
                      Marte's PED suspension is an issue, but beyond that, I am not sure that I follow you. I am not sure why Iglesias is a fair bit more desirable in dynasty. True, he is two years further from free agency, but he is also a year older than Viz. The number or more or less similar given that Iglesias's highest comp. on B-R actually is Vizcaino. I just don't see enough difference here to move the needle. As for Castillo versus Marte, it is safety versus upside. If you think Castillo's going to be an ace, then obviously that is the side you want. However, last year was the first time he threw over 132 innings in a season, and pitchers are inherently more risky than hitters due to injury concerns. While I guess the Pirates could trade Marte, he is under an affordable contract for four more years, so I don't see a huge risk in the near future. I know people love Castillo around these parts, but assuming he'll become an ace is just to speculative for my tastes.

Comment

Working...
                      X