Love and Hate: Herrera vs. Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love and Hate: Herrera vs. Bay

On draft day in my auction league I bought Jason Bay for $19. I later picked up Hererra for $0 on the waiver wire.

Their respective numbers to date are (avg, HR, RBI, R, SB)

Bay: .215, 1, 5, 9, 2
    Herrera: .283, 2, 8, 12, 4

So, I'm trying to figure out if I hate Bay or love Herrera. I'm leaning towards I just really hate Bay but was hoping to get some other opinions on this Friday dilemma.

Oh, and for anyone who comes back at me with a "what did you expect out of Bay" comment, my reaction is ..... touche'. I don't know what I expected but at minimum I'd have to say a 2nd home run and double-digit RBIs at 65 ABs.

I was ticked off at missing out on Wiggington and Jose Lopez in my draft. I had hoped to get each relatively cheap. Both were scooped up by others in our draft at $6 and $15 respectfully and I settled for Herrera to fill my last roster spot at $2 .... Hererra was good last year, hopefully he continues on... Meanwhile, Lopez is really sucking and Wigginton is injured.

Comment

I had picked up Herrera late last year at $0 but could not justify keeping him at $4. I'm happy to have him back and hopefully he sticks in the starting line-up as I think he could prove to be a real value at 2nd base. Bay, on the other hand, I have grown to despise. I think he's getting even with the Mets for trading him out of their farm system to the Padres all those years ago and I'm just along for the ride.

Comment

Working...
      X