Converting to auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting to auction

I might be finally convincing my draft league to an auction. I have usually played that way and like auction much better.
    They are concerned about time.
    Has anyone done it over two days and can you stop yahoo for a day or two?
    Anything else to consider?

Consider meeting up for a face to face auction. It is one of the most fun things you can do.

Comment

I've never tried stopping an online auction for a day, but usually online auctions do not take that long, especially in keeper leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        I might be finally convincing my draft league to an auction. I have usually played that way and like auction much better.
        They are concerned about time.
        Has anyone done it over two days and can you stop yahoo for a day or two?
        Anything else to consider?
        For my league's in-person draft there are a few guys that get concerned about how long the draft will last. My response has always been...WTF is wrong with you? It's one day a year where get to gather together and do this awesome draft!! It's among my favorite days of the year. How can it be too long!!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I agree it should a face to face in one room but these guys dont get it.

my NL league of 15 plus years draft day was the greatest day - i would even ply 4 hours on a place to get there

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            I have a few in my league that get concerned about how long the draft will last. My response has always been...WTF is wrong with you? It's one day a year where get to gather together and do this awesome draft!! It's among my favorite days of the year. How can it be too long!!
            This. And after the league members find a rhythm in bidding it starts to go faster. I would expect the first one to be a little long (8-10 hours maybe - faster online) and 4-6 hours when everyone is in the swing of it - depending on how many keepers, minor league/reserve drafts or whatever extras you might have.

Comment

For my league's in-person draft there are a few guys that get concerned about how long the draft will last. My response has always been...WTF is wrong with you? It's one day a year where get to gather together and do this awesome draft!! It's among my favorite days of the year. How can it be too long!!
              Amen brother! Amen!

Comment

Totally inexcusable. We get 4 days to have a boys' weekend in a new city chosen by the defending champ. One of the best weekends of the year, every single time.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Sweet. I almost want to join your league! (Okay, only almost because it might conflict with my draft.)

Comment

Working...
                  X