Odd man out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd man out

16 team, 30 per roster, re-loading mode.

This is a list of potential keepers and recent ADP. Figuring two years and an option for a third, which one is the odd man out.

202 Calhoun, Willie
    212 Clevinger, Mike
    214 Herrera, Kelvin
    240 Honeywell, Brent
    277 Chapman, Matt
    303 Kingery, Scott
    476 Rodgers, Brendan

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 01-29-2018, 12:34 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    This is a list of potential keepers and recent ADP. Figuring two years and an option for a third, which one is the odd man out.

202 Calhoun, Willie
    212 Clevinger, Mike
    214 Herrera, Kelvin
    240 Honeywell, Brent
    277 Chapman, Matt
    303 Kingery, Scott
    476 Rodgers, Brendan

J
    Tough choice. If I had to choose I would drop Honeywell.

I would not give up the bats, or potential saves. If I could fit in Honeywell I would keep him, but I think each of the others have better real value or perceived value.

Comment

See ya, Clevinger. I see him as an odd man out there and getting traded to a rebuilder team here soon. Him to Baltimore around a package for Machado makes too much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        See ya, Clevinger. I see him as an odd man out there and getting traded to a rebuilder team here soon. Him to Baltimore around a package for Machado makes too much sense.
        If he gets traded, wouldn't that increase his value?

Comment

For what it may be worth, Clevinger/Honeywell would be joining Ohtani, J Gray, and Fulmer in the rotation. The rest of the pen is currently empty.

Guys of Clevinger's ADP, say Maeda or Lance Lynn, will be available, but for one year only. Likewise mid level closers like Morrow or Brach, again with no futures.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

For what it may be worth, Clevinger/Honeywell would be joining Ohtani, J Gray, and Fulmer in the rotation. The rest of the pen is currently empty.

Guys of Clevinger's ADP, say Maeda or Lance Lynn, will be available, but for one year only. Likewise mid level closers like Morrow or Brach, again with no futures.

J
            If Morrow and Brach are available basically for free, then is Herrera's value pretty low? I like Clevinger, but I sure as hell don't want to own him if he's an Oriole.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              If Morrow and Brach are available basically for free, then is Herrera's value pretty low? I like Clevinger, but I sure as hell don't want to own him if he's an Oriole.
              Not free. Basically, they are available at redraft value. Losing Herrera would not be the end of the world, but the extra year and option has value.

What I am seeing is that the two SP are the weak link. Given that this is substantially about future value, Honeywell over Clevinger even though I like Clevinger.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                If he gets traded, wouldn't that increase his value?
                Going to Baltimore wouldn't be a good fit for him. Loses run support, defense, and gets a ballpark downgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Going to Baltimore wouldn't be a good fit for him. Loses run support, defense, and gets a ballpark downgrade
                  Good point.

Comment

Except he's still in Cleveland.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Except he's still in Cleveland.

J
                      Umm...I did not pick him as my odd man out.

Comment

Umm...I did not pick him as my odd man out.
                        No you didn't. Jason did.

That said, Paul Sporer just put out his Top 100 SP. Clevinger is Honeywell is 84. If they are that close, you take the kid and hope for better in 2019.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

No you didn't. Jason did.

That said, Paul Sporer just put out his Top 100 SP. Clevinger is Honeywell is 84. If they are that close, you take the kid and hope for better in 2019.

J
                          As I stated in my first post-first responder

I would not give up the bats, or potential saves. If I could fit in Honeywell I would keep him, but I think each of the others have better real value or perceived value.

So, if it were my team and I had to make the choice this is what I would choose.

Comment

As I stated in my first post-first responder

So, if it were my team and I had to make the choice this is what I would choose.
                            I also like that he was one of 11 pitchers to ave. 10.1 ks per inning.

Comment

I also like that he was one of 11 pitchers to ave. 10.1 ks per inning.
                              Oh yeah. He will definitely be on my redraft list. I get five of those.

That said, Paul Sporer listed him #75. Here's his comment, Will struggle to consistently go 6+ IP if 12% BB doesn’t improve; cheap as he currently doesn’t have [a guaranteed] spot.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X