Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering trading Bellinger in NL dynasty league

Want opinions on the following:

Have been offered Harper for Bellinger in my 10-team, NL-only, 5x5 league. Knowing Harper is FA in 2019, would you consider offer?

Also have been offered Charlie Blackmon, but age and pending FA status is too much risk. Thoughts?

Those are big risks to take. I'd pass on both.

Comment

I too would pass considering the trade risk.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Another vote for passing on both offers.

Comment

The trade risk on Harper doesn't bother me so much. It is the fact that he has only played 150 games once in 6 years. 3 years 118 or less.

Comment

Nope. What Bellinger can produce and what Harper or Blackmon can produce is not really that far off, and surely not enough to offset the loss of his coming years. I say nay.

Comment

Agree with the others. Automatic no from me. Bellinger will be a Dodger (and a stud) for a long time.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

As always, appreciate the opinions received in the Pen.

Comment

I think it is closer than others are indicating. If it were not for the NL Only issue, I would take Harper in a heartbeat--he's less than 3 years older than Bellinger and has shown more, although he has some injury risk. However, given the possibility/likelihood that the Yankees are going to throw a gazillion dollars at him, I don't think you can do it in an NL Only league.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    I think it is closer than others are indicating. If it were not for the NL Only issue, I would take Harper in a heartbeat--he's less than 3 years older than Bellinger and has shown more, although he has some injury risk. However, given the possibility/likelihood that the Yankees are going to throw a gazillion dollars at him, I don't think you can do it in an NL Only league.
                    Nah, he is going to be a Cub.

Comment

Working...
                    X