No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking that the Cardinals, Brewers, Cubs, and Braves will re-evaluate their bullpen situations around mid-May before deciding on making an offer to Kimbrel. By that time, the 33% discount (4 months instead of 6 months) on Kimbrel will be difficult to pass up for a playoff contender in need.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And the Holland train keeps rolling. Pick-up a win last night.

Comment

• What does the pen think about Tayron Guerrero. Is he a better spec than Melancon?

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
          What does the pen think about Tayron Guerrero. Is he a better spec than Melancon?
          million-dollar arm, 10-cent head Guerrero? yeah, I'd prefer that spec.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• So Barnes pitches great again...in the 7th and 8th. Brasier the 9th for his 2nd save. Ugh.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• left Brasier on the Tout bench this week as he gets 2 saves and is apparently the closer. I have Hand and Alvarado, so it's gravy, but still annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                left Brasier on the Tout bench this week as he gets 2 saves and is apparently the closer. I have Hand and Alvarado, so it's gravy, but still annoying.
                But Barnes got the 1st save when Brasier was available so I think this is going to be a committee. But yes, definitely annoying.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• They would make a nice pair in Sv+H leagues. Barnes by himself is good in that sort of league.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by FBP View Post
                    What does the pen think about Tayron Guerrero. Is he a better spec than Melancon?
                    at this point, Melancon is a 6th or 7th inning guy for the giants, behind Smith, Watson and Moronta
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Seranthony in the 6th of a 2-2 game
                      Captain Morgan in the 7th of a 3-2 Phils lead
                      Robertson in the 8th of a 4-2 Phils lead

if Neris saves this game, there will be a tsunami of claims. if you're in a "pounce" league - be prepared to launch just in case

WAIT WAIT WAIT, Kapler spins the closer wheel and it comes up.... Neshek!
                      who allows a leadoff HR to Dozier for 4-3
                      double, line out, ground out, runner on 3rd, 2 out
                      Suzuki flies out to end it

notes on Neshek:
                      - he is older than dirt
                      - Kapler really really loves him some Neshek, though I don't see him as a one-man band
                      Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-08-2019, 08:42 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• I guess it's just time to avoid the Phillies, unless you're in leagues deep enough to roster a guy with decent ratios and an occasional save. Neris does have a monster K rate, and Seranthony might post good ratios if he ever gets his head on straight. Robertson might give you Ks or ratios. None of them are exciting to start in a 15-team mixed but I think all 3 of them are worth starting in NL only. Just not worth the $20+ pricetag that a closer would get if you drafted all over.

Comment

• It's starting to feel like MLB managers don't give a damn about our fantasy teams, lol.

Comment

• Shoulda just drafted Shane Greene. :facepalm:

Comment

• In my 10 teams NL league Robertson went for $23, Seranthony $5 and Neris which I drafted in the reserve/farm 6th round for $3. Both Neris and Seranthony are at good prices but Robertson $23 could end up a huge overpay. We had Kapler for couple of seasons so this shouldn't come as a surprise that a closing is being spread around. The best policy is do not make the Phillies a priority in paying top $ for a closer.

Comment

• "We had Kapler for couple of seasons"

one season - it just felt like more!
                                I owned Seranthony, Neshek, ERamos, Hunter, and Neris at various times last season.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X