2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Corey Knebel, since getting recalled from AAA, has struck out 8 of 11 batters faced without allowing a base runner. He could be reclaiming the Brewers closer job soon.
    Agree. Counsell’s desire to use Hader in a multi-inning role, Soria’s inconsistency, and liking Jeffress in high-leverage situations will move that along quickly, IMO
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Corey Knebel gets 4 outs with 2 more K's for the save today. He's now struck out 10 of 15 batters without allowing a baserunner since being recalled from AAA.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Corey Knebel gets 4 outs with 2 more K's for the save today. He's now struck out 10 of 15 batters without allowing a baserunner since being recalled from AAA.
        Which is great for him and MIL but Jeffress was unavailable.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          Which is great for him and MIL but Jeffress was unavailable.
          And Jeffress has done everything to deserve keeping the closer job. So, it will be interesting to see how Counsel handles the closer situation going forward.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I have 'em both, so I'm good either way
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Carlos Martinez officially named STL closer

Arizona moving to a bullpen by committee after Boxberger's meltdown

Comment

• 23 of the 30 closers (77%) to start the year lost their jobs at some point this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  23 of the 30 closers (77%) to start the year lost their jobs at some point this season.
                  And Shane Green wasnt one of them ! I think.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    And Shane Green wasnt one of them ! I think.
                    Not sure of the criteria specifically but Greene went on the DL in July and Jimenez took over temporarily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Not sure of the criteria specifically but Greene went on the DL in July and Jimenez took over temporarily.
                      That's true, he is #24. But he only missed 10 days, so I'm not going to count him.

By my calculations, these are the only closers to hold the job the entire season:

1 - Kimbrel
                      2 - Treinen
                      3 - Diaz
                      4 - Greene (with a 10-day exception)
                      5 - Iglesias
                      6 - Vazquez
                      7 - W. Davis

Cody Allen is still in the mix, as is Boxberger, and Jansen has missed more than 10 days.

Comment

• I guess I got lucky with my $1 Greene and $3 Diaz closer keepers this year

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          Took a look at my roster again and I could drop Barraclough instead. The only wrinkle is that Barraclough probably has more keeper value but since I'm in a pennant race that's not as much of a factor as it normally would be.

With Doolittle looking sharp tonight I'd like to activate him for Sunday so who do you think is more worth the roster spot - Neshek or Barraclough?
                          Should've followed my gut and just dropped Neshek

Was hoping to get clarity from both the Phillies and Nats' situations with them playing each other in a double header today. Sure looks like Doolittle is at least option 1A at this point although as I'm typing this he just gave up a leadoff walk. As for the Phillies, Hunter had been getting chances lately but then threw the 7th and 8th with his team down 2-0 and proceeded to give up a run of his own on 4 hits and a walk. If the Phillies get a save opp in the 2nd game and Neshek gets it I might just have to drop Bearclaw.

Comment

• Anyone manage to snag the latest Angel's closer Ty Buttrey? I got him for $3 after noticing him pick up a save on the weekend. Tonight he came into a 1-0 lead over Texas in the 8th with 2 out and runners 1st and 3rd. Gets Profar to ground out. Then in the 9th he gets 3 more groundouts: Andrus, Mazara, Beltre to lock down save #2. Fastball 95-97, Slider and change up mixed in.

He's a fun lottery ticket if he can solidify his closer chops over the next 3 weeks. But you probably had to snag him a few days ago to get him cheap.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• What? You still have FAAB money? It's freaking September 12.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                What? You still have FAAB money? It's freaking September 12.

J
                                I usually try to save at least $10-$20 for September. Best keeper action is in September as the contenders either dont have roster space for keeper flyers or the teams out of it have stopped paying attention.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X