2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Disastrous outing by Cody Allen tonite. Handed a 1-run lead in the 9th, he gives up HRs to the only 2 batters he faced to blow the save and lose the game. I think Hand, who pitched a scoreless 8th, gets the next save opp.
    Hand is their future close and should be their present closer most of the time.

Comment

• Sergio Romo hasn't pitched since August 25 and Jose Alvarado has gotten the last two saves for the Rays. I'm not sure what is going on there.

edit: OK, i see now that i called Romo Mr. dependable in my August 25 post. Yep, i jinxed him.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Knebel a scoreless 9th in a 9-4 Brewers win
        Soria spit the bit in his last setup try, and Knebel is all about mechanics
        missed time early, finally got it going, then got out of sync

maybe a stash in mixed with bench already, especially if holds are in play
        many numbers aren't pretty, but I'm saying there's a chance
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• The Dodgers are considering holding Kenley Jansen out of this weekend's series in Colorado as a precaution.
          It was in the high altitude in Denver where Jansen showed symptoms of an irregular heartbeat last month. The Dodgers are consulting with medical professionals as they debate the risks of the closer returning to Colorado. We should find out in the next couple days what the team decides. (MLB.com/Rotoworld)

And they have to consult on this? It should be pretty damn obvious that you don't take any more chances bringing Jansen to Denver. It's caused him heart problems at least two times already.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            The Dodgers are considering holding Kenley Jansen out of this weekend's series in Colorado as a precaution.
            It was in the high altitude in Denver where Jansen showed symptoms of an irregular heartbeat last month. The Dodgers are consulting with medical professionals as they debate the risks of the closer returning to Colorado. We should find out in the next couple days what the team decides. (MLB.com/Rotoworld)

And they have to consult on this? It should be pretty damn obvious that you don't take any more chances bringing Jansen to Denver. It's caused him heart problems at least two times already.
            And Jansen should be smart enough to not go. But maybe he's a "gamer"...
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Finally bit the bullet and dropped Cody Allen last week after he torpedoed my ERA/WHIP for months. Says a lot that no one's picked him up.
              12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
              1B-Cron
              2B- Villar
              SS- Andrus
              3B-Baez
              MI-L. Gurriel
              CI- Y.Gurriel
              OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
              UTIL- Benintendi
              BENCH: Pence, Dyson
              SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
              RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
              IL: Buxton

Comment

• Romo is back (from where i don't know) and got the save for the Rays on Tuesday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'm considering benching Shane Greene to preserve ratios, even though I need to overcome a 7 save deficit. I have Osuna, Giles, LeClerc, and Greene.... top saves teams only have 1 closer each, Kimbrel and Treinan.

Would you bench Greene or roll with him until saves are secured? I guess the ratio damage from a reliever cant hurt too much. Perhaps I'm scared from my experience with Devenski mid season.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    I'm considering benching Shane Greene to preserve ratios, even though I need to overcome a 7 save deficit. I have Osuna, Giles, LeClerc, and Greene.... top saves teams only have 1 closer each, Kimbrel and Treinan.

Would you bench Greene or roll with him until saves are secured? I guess the ratio damage from a reliever cant hurt too much. Perhaps I'm scared from my experience with Devenski mid season.
                    Keep him active until you pull ahead (or at least within one or two)

Comment

• With Doolittle being activated today and the Nationals playing a double-header tomorrow is there any chance he gets a save chance right out of the gate? He'd be replacing Neshek who seems to be part of a large committee in Philly.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                        With Doolittle being activated today and the Nationals playing a double-header tomorrow is there any chance he gets a save chance right out of the gate? He'd be replacing Neshek who seems to be part of a large committee in Philly.
                        They want to use him in low leverage situations first, but if the matchups are right anything's possible.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Corey Knebel, since getting recalled from AAA, has struck out 8 of 11 batters faced without allowing a base runner. He could be reclaiming the Brewers closer job soon.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Soria also was poor in the 8th again for MIL
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                              Keep him active until you pull ahead (or at least within one or two)
                              I agree with you in principle, but damn, he sucks. Last 2 games, hes gotten 2 wins, but I have a 15 win cushion... need those last 6 saves... blew the save tonight giving up 2 runs then got the vulture win. Thankfully I got gems from Matt Boyd and Berrios to offset Greene's dud.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                With Doolittle being activated today and the Nationals playing a double-header tomorrow is there any chance he gets a save chance right out of the gate? He'd be replacing Neshek who seems to be part of a large committee in Philly.
                                Took a look at my roster again and I could drop Barraclough instead. The only wrinkle is that Barraclough probably has more keeper value but since I'm in a pennant race that's not as much of a factor as it normally would be.

With Doolittle looking sharp tonight I'd like to activate him for Sunday so who do you think is more worth the roster spot - Neshek or Barraclough?

Comment

Working...
                                X