in preseason, I was offered a 4-S1 Gennett for him

I chose...... poorly
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      I had to cut a 1-S1 Neris today.

in preseason, I was offered a 4-S1 Gennett for him

I chose...... poorly
      May I say OUCH!!!

Comment

• The Brewers send Corey Knebel and his 5.08 era to AAA.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• with the way MIL SP can be they might need Hader in his 2 inning mode and Jeffress possibly before the 9th.. so it makes you wonder where Soria can fit in. that game where Knebel put 7th, 8th, 9th Padres on base and gave up an infield single, and Soria promptly came in and gave up a GS and then left with an injury... his numbers look good, but one worries how Soria would be in MIL.

i would think they need Knebel to find his curveball. if he gets the reps he needs, he could be back in the 9th in two weeks. maybe. heh

i should do my research before i draft 2nd year closers who had a good season the year before. i didn't know Knebel only had 2 pitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            i should do my research before i draft 2nd year closers who had a good season the year before. i didn't know Knebel only had 2 pitches.
            Mariano Rivera only had 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              The Brewers send Corey Knebel and his 5.08 era to AAA.
              Really, that is just shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Really, that is just shocking.
                Yeah, he's unraveled pretty quickly. But it makes sense - he has simply lost command and confidence in his curve, and he's losing command of his fastball.

At this point, I'm worried the Brewers may have Axford 2.0 in him.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• My playoffs start next week and I have Serenthony Dominguez as one of my closers. He blew chunks the other day and Neshek got the most recent save and 3rd save since Aug 7th. I thought it was a good idea to pick up Neshek now in the event there was an announcement by the manager that he's changed closers. I'm being proactive about this for my playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Mariano Rivera only had 1.
                    i was aware of that i guess. you guys know a lot more than i do. i know it was a cut fastball. so generally closers only have 2 pitches?

i have a question kind of related, why is Kluber so good? i was watching him pitch and he doesn't throw 98. i was thinking maybe because he can throw the ball left and right or in and out. it's probably a stupid question, but it would be educational for me. thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                      My playoffs start next week and I have Serenthony Dominguez as one of my closers. He blew chunks the other day and Neshek got the most recent save and 3rd save since Aug 7th. I thought it was a good idea to pick up Neshek now in the event there was an announcement by the manager that he's changed closers. I'm being proactive about this for my playoffs.
                      did you see that game? Seranthony got Harper and Rendon, then did not get a borderline 2-strike pitch to Soto that would have ended it (it WAS just outside, but amazing that a teenager can get that call). then Zimmerman hit one to RF that cleared the wall by inches. it was called a double, then properly reversed.

that is NOT blowing chunks.

Kapler does love Neshek, but Seranthony isn't in any jeopardy yet - especially after the circumstances of that game

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Disastrous outing by Cody Allen tonite. Handed a 1-run lead in the 9th, he gives up HRs to the only 2 batters he faced to blow the save and lose the game. I think Hand, who pitched a scoreless 8th, gets the next save opp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          did you see that game? Seranthony got Harper and Rendon, then did not get a borderline 2-strike pitch to Soto that would have ended it (it WAS just outside, but amazing that a teenager can get that call). then Zimmerman hit one to RF that cleared the wall by inches. it was called a double, then properly reversed.

that is NOT blowing chunks.

Kapler does love Neshek, but Seranthony isn't in any jeopardy yet - especially after the circumstances of that game
                          blowing chunks was a little harsh. I hope he keeps the job so I don't have to play both.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            Disastrous outing by Cody Allen tonite. Handed a 1-run lead in the 9th, he gives up HRs to the only 2 batters he faced to blow the save and lose the game. I think Hand, who pitched a scoreless 8th, gets the next save opp.
                            A month ago, I was sitting pretty with Allen, Knebel & Romo as my closers, with the expectation that Romo would get traded any day.

Now, I dropped Knebel, Allen seems next out the door, and Romo was somehow declared untouchable by Rays management. This game!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              A month ago, I was sitting pretty with Allen, Knebel & Romo as my closers, with the expectation that Romo would get traded any day.

Now, I dropped Knebel, Allen seems next out the door, and Romo was somehow declared untouchable by Rays management. This game!
                              Yeah, Romo has turned into Mr. dependable since getting crushed in April/May. After the calendar turned to June, he has put up a 1.50 era, 0.94 whip and converted 17 of 21 save opportunities while striking out a batter per inning. It will be interesting to see if the 35 year old Romo can cash in this winter when he hits free agency.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                                blowing chunks was a little harsh. I hope he keeps the job so I don't have to play both.
                                well, you nailed it that Neshek is the No 2 choice - not obvious to all

my Jeffress follows my Seranthony with the 1-run lead, gets 2 outs, then allows the tying run
                                #lastoutblues

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X