Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
    In my case, Jace CWS.
    Jace got slaughtered this weekend in his first chance (plus he is a lefty)...Im wondering if Minaya steps into the role (he's done it for them before) or even Jeanmar Gomez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Jace got slaughtered this weekend in his first chance (plus he is a lefty)...Im wondering if Minaya steps into the role (he's done it for them before) or even Jeanmar Gomez.
      Actually, Cedeno seems to be pitching best of this motley crew, no?
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• With the Osuna/Giles deal, 53% of the Opening Day closers have now lost their jobs for one reason or another. It used to be just injury or ineffectiveness, but this season has seen a new trend -- established closers being traded to act as set-up men. As much as they're needed, it's hard to invest in closers. It almost makes more sense to draft or buy one, then just draft/buy a host of set-up guys.

Comment

• Is it a forgone conclusion that Osuna closes when he comes off suspension? Rondon has done really well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
            Is it a forgone conclusion that Osuna closes when he comes off suspension? Rondon has done really well.
            Not just because I own him but I think he's more "elite" than Rondon. Don't think they give up relatively high ceiling arms like Paulino and Perez for "just" a setup guy. Some might depend on how Devenski does 2nd half?

C- J.McCann
            1B-Cron
            2B- Villar
            SS- Andrus
            3B-Baez
            MI-L. Gurriel
            CI- Y.Gurriel
            UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Is it a forgone conclusion that Osuna closes when he comes off suspension? Rondon has done really well.
              fwiw I was wondering the same thing. If Rondon continues to be lights out I think it will be tough to make a change.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Not just because I own him but I think he's more "elite" than Rondon. Don't think they give up relatively high ceiling arms like Paulino and Perez for "just" a setup guy. Some might depend on how Devenski does 2nd half?
                Devenski has been total dog shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  Devenski has been total dog shit
                  How does that compare to the horse, bull, and chicken variaties?

Comment

• Kela to PIT. Rotoworld inexplicably has Claudio as next man up, but Diekman/LeClerc seem to be ahead of him, yeah? And if Diekman dealt I’d have to go LeClerc..Claudio just off the DL. But he did close for them for a chunk of last year if I recall.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Kela to PIT. Rotoworld inexplicably has Claudio as next man up, but Diekman/LeClerc seem to be ahead of him, yeah? And if Diekman dealt I’d have to go LeClerc..Claudio just off the DL. But he did close for them for a chunk of last year if I recall.
                      Unless dealt I thinnk Leclerc is the one to own. Claudio doesn't have closer stuff, but that doesn't always mean he won't close. I think Leclerc is the better choice long term. If it's Claudio I'll pass unless I'm desperate.

Comment

Unless dealt I thinnk Leclerc is the one to own. Claudio doesn't have closer stuff, but that doesn't always mean he won't close. I think Leclerc is the better choice long term. If it's Claudio I'll pass unless I'm desperate.
                        I agree Leclerc is the best guy left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I agree Leclerc is the best guy left.
                          Diekman will get the first shot unless he is traded today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Diekman will get the first shot unless he is traded today.
                            I agree

Comment

• RW:
                              Jake Diekman - R - Rangers
                              Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that Jake Diekman is the most likely player on the Rangers to be moved by Tuesday's trade deadline.

The Rangers have already moved closer Keone Kela and it's no surprise that Diekman is also drawing interest given the market for relievers right now. The 31-year-old southpaw has posted a 3.69 ERA and 48/23 K/BB ratio over 39 innings this season. The Rangers have also discussed the possibility of trading Adrian Beltre, but it would take the perfect scenario for him to sign off on a deal. It doesn't appear that exists right now.

C- J.McCann
                              1B-Cron
                              2B- Villar
                              SS- Andrus
                              3B-Baez
                              MI-L. Gurriel
                              CI- Y.Gurriel
                              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that Jake Diekman is the most likely player on the Rangers to be moved by Tuesday's trade deadline.
                                Yup, that's why I had the caveat above of "if" he isn't traded today.

It's interesting this year how many relievers are available. It seems like there are more targets than spots for them to go. So while, Greene, Diekman, Romo, Parker etc (previously would have said Ziegler, Britton, others) all would be traded ideally (for their respective teams), there may not be enough room for all of them on contenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X