Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Agreed.

I am not deep into the White Sox bullpen. If they have any possible asset that they can showcase as a closer to trade, Fry will not be it. They are not really trying to win yet.
    But after the deadline, if they can shed Minaya, Jeanmar Gomez or Cedeno maybe?

CloserMonkey:
    White Sox bullpen roles murky after Joakim Soria trade
    July 27, 2018

Chicago White Sox – Shortly after the Joakim Soria trade, the White Sox took the field for a day game, and sent Jace Fry out to get the last 2 outs of the 7th inning in a game they were losing by four. Though Fry was the pick of some beat guys to get the first look at closing, this usage immediately throws this bullpen into a committee status. Juan Minaya and Xavier Cedeno also pitched yesterday — both in the earlier innings — of the White Sox loss, so all of a sudden, former Phillies closer Jeanmar Gomez may have the inside track on this job. Consider pairing him with Fry if you’ve got the roster space.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

• Lugo and Gsellman both available tonight for Mets.
      Lugo in the 5th with Mets up 3-2, but blew a chance for a vulture W.

both may get W and SV at times. Swarzak, maybe more SV.
      it's a mess, as has been noted.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        our first-place team - who has not won in more than 20 years of trying - just picked up RP Holland yesterday.

it made me wonder if he's fighting a battle inside his head.
        first place team with an extra roster spot to play around with sounds like a luxury.

also, each day i get more paranoid Hand will take over for Cody Allen this year. it seems like one of those things where it's just a matter of time. i don't know what happened in yesterdays game, Allen got the win but didn't finish the game after 19 pitches which i guess is a lot and Hand wasn't used. Hands an animal, yet maybe the AL will be more difficult than NL. i am just very worried Allen is one meltdown away from being removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          14 million and a draft pick later Cards releasing Holland.
          With the mistakes and dysfunction in St. Louis now, I’m beginning to wonder if just about all the smart management went to Houston those years back.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            With the mistakes and dysfunction in St. Louis now, I’m beginning to wonder if just about all the smart management went to Houston those years back.
            These are not Cardinals we have been accustomed to. They fired their batting coach Mabry. Maybe they need Graham Ness from the movie Signs "Swing away Merrill. Merrill... swing away."

Comment

• Disastrous outing by Tepera tonite. Came in w a 5-3 lead and 2 runners on, allowed both inherited runners to score, blowing the save, and gave up 4 runs of his own (3H and 2HBP) w/o getting an out. Jays' pen is a mess and Osuna should have no trouble getting back the closer gig when he returns next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Disastrous outing by Tepera tonite. Came in w a 5-3 lead and 2 runners on, allowed both inherited runners to score, blowing the save, and gave up 4 runs of his own (3H and 2HBP) w/o getting an out. Jays' pen is a mess and Osuna should have no trouble getting back the closer gig when he returns next week.
                if he's with the Jays that is ... word is that the Jays are very open to dealing Osuna
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  if he's with the Jays that is ... word is that the Jays are very open to dealing Osuna
                  That'll be intriguing. I don't remember a suspended player being dealt (not that it hasn't happened, I just don't remember...). I can't see them having any success dealing him after the deadline, as his waiver claim will almost certainly be blocked.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    That'll be intriguing. I don't remember a suspended player being dealt (not that it hasn't happened, I just don't remember...). I can't see them having any success dealing him after the deadline, as his waiver claim will almost certainly be blocked.
                    And he'd be eligible for postseason for a contender (unlike PED violators) so he'd be a little more attractive in a deal.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                      And he'd be eligible for postseason for a contender (unlike PED violators) so he'd be a little more attractive in a deal.
                      Also, Norris owners better want to buckle up, contenders are swooping. You'll lose him if you don't own Hicks.

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Recent bullpen waiver moves, FWIW..

Dropped Fry for Givens. Givens, for better or worse, has a clearer shot at full-time with Brach out.

Still holding Stammen in hopes of a Yates trade. Ditto Leclerc/Kela & Diekman.

Dropped Gsellman for Eovaldi. Seems like Swarzak has as much, or more, chance of most saves ROY.

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                          Recent bullpen waiver moves, FWIW..

Dropped Fry for Givens. Givens, for better or worse, has a clearer shot at full-time with Brach out.

Still holding Stammen in hopes of a Yates trade. Ditto Leclerc/Kela & Diekman.

Dropped Gsellman for Eovaldi. Seems like Swarzak has as much, or more, chance of most saves ROY.
                          I think Fry has a better shot than Stammen since he's already getting save chances.

Surprised that Eovaldi was available, seems like he would have been gone a while back in a league of any depth.

Comment

• Actually there's Paul and Jace Fry, both with potential saves so we likely need to clarify when referring to Fry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I think Fry has a better shot than Stammen since he's already getting save chances.

Surprised that Eovaldi was available, seems like he would have been gone a while back in a league of any depth.
                              Yeah, very odd. We were shocked to see him free AND shocked we got him, we're like 11th in waiver order of 12. Summer owner malaise maybe?

C- J.McCann
                              1B-Cron
                              2B- Villar
                              SS- Andrus
                              3B-Baez
                              MI-L. Gurriel
                              CI- Y.Gurriel
                              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Actually there's Paul and Jace Fry, both with potential saves so we likely need to clarify when referring to Fry.
                                In my case, Jace CWS.

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                                X