2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Sounds like Familia is getting dealt to Oakland.
    Lugo or Gsellman to close for the Mets?
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-21-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• the Mets have no idea, so....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Major meltdown by BearClaw today. Handed a 4-1 lead in the 9th, gave up 5 runs, all earned, including a walk-off GS to Daniel Robertson. ERA went from 1.45 to 2.45.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Major meltdown by BearClaw today. Handed a 4-1 lead in the 9th, gave up 5 runs, all earned, including a walk-off GS to Daniel Robertson. ERA went from 1.45 to 2.45.
          Yeah, it was bad. My silver lining is maybe this scares off anyone who was about to overpay for him. I have a feeling he sticks with the Marlins this year, as the closer. Not many save opps though.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            major meltdown by bearclaw today. Handed a 4-1 lead in the 9th, gave up 5 runs, all earned, including a walk-off gs to daniel robertson. Era went from 1.45 to 2.45.
            headline:

BEARCLAW EATEN ALIVE BY RAYS
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• i have to decided who has the best chance of being closer this year Britton or Yates. i guess i'll go with Yates.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                i have to decided who has the best chance of being closer this year Britton or Yates. i guess i'll go with Yates.
                Yes, Yates is now the closer in SD. He should remain that unless he gets traded. Rumors are that Britton will get dealt to the Stros, where I think he would serve as a MR, as he is a lefty, and Rondon has been great. I'd hate to think Rondon would get displaced again despite pitching great, as he did on his last team.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  i have to decided who has the best chance of being closer this year Britton or Yates. i guess i'll go with Yates.
                  Who would replace Britton in Baltimore? Brach and Givens have sucked. Brach more than Givens. Perhaps it would be one of those situations where you don't want either of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                    Who would replace Britton in Baltimore? Brach and Givens have sucked. Brach more than Givens. Perhaps it would be one of those situations where you don't want either of them.
                    Given that both Givens and Brach are on the trade block, in a deep league, I'd go with Paul Fry on a wild SWAG.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• For those of you who saw "Andrew Miller moved to 60-day DL", do not panic, do not reach for the emergency door, and do not run for the exits. Purely an administrative move for a waiver pickup. He still is eligible to come off the DL mid to late this week.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Deadline approaching, revisiting best spec stashes if current #1 is dealt. How would you rank in order of most likely to get bulk of saves ROY to least?

Hughes
                        Stammen
                        Brach/Givens
                        Diekman/LeClerc
                        Hildenberger
                        Steckenrider/Ziegler
                        Alvarado/Castillo
                        Fry/Nate Jones

12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                        UTIL- Benintendi
                        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                        IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                          Deadline approaching, revisiting best spec stashes if current #1 is dealt. How would you rank in order of most likely to get bulk of saves ROY to least?

Fry/Nate Jones

Nate Jones had more issues and was shut down last I read.

Comment

• Jose Leclerc is one to look at since Kela and Diekman could be traded. His numbers are pretty damn good. Could be a very good shark move.

Comment

• Britton to Yanks. Now begins the rush on Brach and Givens.

C- J.McCann
                              1B-Cron
                              2B- Villar
                              SS- Andrus
                              3B-Baez
                              MI-L. Gurriel
                              CI- Y.Gurriel
                              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• ROTOWORLD: Baltimore is getting pitching prospects Dillon Tate, Josh Rogers, and Cody Carroll, per Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Britton will move into a setup role in New York, which obviously does severe damage to his fantasy value, but this is a great addition for a Yankees bullpen that already ranks No. 1 among all major league teams in both combined ERA (2.75) and strikeouts. An official announcement from both the O's and Yankees should be coming soon

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                                X