No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless Greg Holland's contract demands are outrageous, I have yet to figure out why the Angels haven't signed him yet.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I don't really know Leone very well and have lost touch with Gregerson since he went to the AL.

Leone kind of looks the part of a closer with his grunting and gyrations, although he doesn't look to be a dominating type. Between those two who looks like the better choice for saves for the year? Both seem to offer solid peripherals.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Unless Greg Holland's contract demands are outrageous, I have yet to figure out why the Angels haven't signed him yet.
        I'm pretty sure his contract demands are outrageous otherwise the Angels would have signed him.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          i was thinking the same thing ... the only thing I can think is that Boras is still trying to play LAA vs Arizona (& maybe the cards) & squeeze as much as he can ... but this is way past decision day
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            I don't really know Leone very well and have lost touch with Gregerson since he went to the AL.

Leone kind of looks the part of a closer with his grunting and gyrations, although he doesn't look to be a dominating type. Between those two who looks like the better choice for saves for the year? Both seem to offer solid peripherals.
            I'd give a slight edge to Leone, simply because he'll get first chance, and I think if he's competent (or better), they'll leave him closing.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm thinking t this point that Holland is going to wait until June to sign, much like Kendry Morales did a few years ago. Teams are really hesitant to give up those top picks, especially for an RP that had a blow-up month last year.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Boxberger named D'Backs closer

Comment

Rays cut Daniel Hudson so I guess Romo is their #2 ?

Comment

Mark Melancon is still "feeling something" in his right arm, per Alex Pavlovic of NBC Sports Bay Area.

Pavlovic notes that the Giants are "unsure if he'll be ready for Opening Day." Melancon needed surgery last September to release pressure on the pronator muscle in his forearm and he hasn't felt right all spring. It looks like Sam Dyson may return to the closer role for San Francisco to kick off the 2018 campaign.
                    Source: Alex Pavlovic on TwitterMar 27 - 6:52 PM

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Mark Melancon is still "feeling something" in his right arm, per Alex Pavlovic of NBC Sports Bay Area.

Pavlovic notes that the Giants are "unsure if he'll be ready for Opening Day." Melancon needed surgery last September to release pressure on the pronator muscle in his forearm and he hasn't felt right all spring. It looks like Sam Dyson may return to the closer role for San Francisco to kick off the 2018 campaign.
                      Source: Alex Pavlovic on TwitterMar 27 - 6:52 PM
                      I could pick up Dyson but I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Boxberger named D'Backs closer
                        I'm had a hunch and snagged him for a buck. Not sure it will last, but maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                          I could pick up Dyson but I'll pass.
                          Strickland might be worth a look

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Strickland might be worth a look
                            Maybe. But, if I'm guessing the Giants closer hierarchy, I'd put it like this:

1) Melancon
                            2) Dyson
                            3) Law
                            4) Bedde
                            5) Gearrin
                            6) Strickland

I just don't think they trust Strickland very much.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                              Maybe. But, if I'm guessing the Giants closer hierarchy, I'd put it like this:

1) Melancon
                              2) Dyson
                              3) Law
                              4) Bedde
                              5) Gearrin
                              6) Strickland

I just don't think they trust Strickland very much.
                              Hard to imagine that Watson would not be in their top 6.

In fact he's 1st in line on closermonkey for what it's worth (and they are pretty good at evaluating closers)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Hard to imagine that Watson would not be in their top 6.

In fact he's 1st in line on closermonkey for what it's worth (and they are pretty good at evaluating closers)
                                I don't think so. Their other lefty is Osich, and I haven't checked lately, but I think his leverage index is abysmally low. Plus, even when Bochy had stud lefties like Affeldt and Lopez, and their closer went down, he never used them. It would be completely against type for them to give him a shot a the closer's role. Not saying it won't happen, but there's a lot of history to think it won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X