No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies are 0-0 after 6 (well, deGrom is pitching, so I could have just said that and you'd all know what the score was)
    Neshek gets the 7th
    Arano gets the 8th
    with the Phillies on the road, the closer - Seranthony - lies in wait
    WAIT, Seranthony in for the 9th, still 0-0
    now bottom 10, still 0-0, and it's Mark Leiter Jr.

I give up
    Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-11-2018, 09:12 PM.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Phillies are 0-0 after 6 (well, deGrom is pitching, so I could have just said that and you'd all know what the score was)
      Neshek gets the 7th
      Arano gets the 8th
      with the Phillies on the road, the closer - Seranthony - lies in wait
      DeGrom is example 3 million of why wins are not a good measure of pitching performance. Dude should have like 8 more wins than he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        DeGrom is example 3 million of why wins are not a good measure of pitching performance. Dude should have like 8 more wins than he does.
        Last night I had 2 pitchers throw 14 shutout innings with 18 K and didnt get a win at all!!

Comment

• ER by game for deGrom this year:
          1 1 4 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 3 1 2 3 3 1 0

his record is 5-4 in 19 starts
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            149/30 K:BB and ERA under 2 and Whip under 1. Time for a trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
              149/30 K:BB and ERA under 2 and Whip under 1. Time for a trade.
              To the Cubs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                To the Brewers!
                Fixed.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Cubs don't have the prospects to give anymore, but the Brewers do. It's just a question as to whether they think that this is the window for them.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So, what's everyone's save projections for deGrom this year?
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Okay, back to actual closers & best 2nd half spec guys...

HUGHES: If Iglesias moved.
                      CASTILLO: Collette tip, both Romo and Roe could be moved, Castillo could be a good stash?
                      YATES: Prob best of bunch of Hand traded.
                      HILDENBERGER: If Rodney moved, him or Pressly? Neither too enticing but saves are saves.
                      SWARZAK: If Familia moved, Gsellman hasn't been great. ?
                      GIVENS: Or Brach. Or whoever last man standing in BAL is after Britton (and/or Brach) dealt.
                      STECKENRIDER: Claw and Ziegler likely moved. ?
                      FRY: If CWS sell relatively high on Soria.
                      MCHUGH: Could seize the job, the way he's been pitching. Rondon or Devenski no locks.
                      DIEKMAN/LECLERC: Kind of like BAL, two guys could be moved here. Kela almost certainly gone yeah?
                      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                      UTIL- Benintendi
                      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                      IL: Buxton

Comment

• TRIVINO: The A's have been going so well that they've been forced to give Treinen rest, and they've turned to Trivino each time. He's been producing incredible fantasy value even in his current role, but if Treinen is moved before the deadline, he'll almost certainly close the rest of the way.

JIMENEZ: Greene has been in a lot of trade rumors and Jimenez is already filling in while Greene is on the DL. After a shaky first save opportunity when Greene first hit the DL, the Tigers stuck with him and he's been solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          TRIVINO: The A's have been going so well that they've been forced to give Treinen rest, and they've turned to Trivino each time. He's been producing incredible fantasy value even in his current role, but if Treinen is moved before the deadline, he'll almost certainly close the rest of the way.

JIMENEZ: Greene has been in a lot of trade rumors and Jimenez is already filling in while Greene is on the DL. After a shaky first save opportunity when Greene first hit the DL, the Tigers stuck with him and he's been solid.
                          Hoping the Jimenez owner in our league drops him with Greene back, forgetting about trade possibility.
                          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                          UTIL- Benintendi
                          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                          IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                            Okay, back to actual closers & best 2nd half spec guys...

HILDENBERGER: If Rodney moved, him or Pressly? Neither too enticing but saves are saves.
                            GIVENS: Or Brach. Or whoever last man standing in BAL is after Britton (and/or Brach) dealt.
                            MCHUGH: Could seize the job, the way he's been pitching. Rondon or Devenski no locks.
                            DIEKMAN/LECLERC: Kind of like BAL, two guys could be moved here. Kela almost certainly gone yeah?
                            Comments on those four - I can't imagine anyone actually dealing for Rodney, but if so, I'd be happy to get Hildenberger. Dude's been pretty much nails other than that awful meltdown against the Cubs a couple weeks ago.

I was pretty high on Givens to start the year, but he's been a huge disappointment. He's been so bad I'm not sure if Baltimore will actually give him the 9th if they trade Britton and Brach, and O'Day out.

McHugh's transformation has been amazing, but unless Rondon gets hurt, McHugh isn't closing. Rondon has been pretty amazing himself, and is K'ing over 11/9 IP.

I'm not so sure Kela is gone. He has two more years of team control, so I don't think it's a certainty he gets dealt. Add in his rep of clubhouse disruption, and I don't see a playoff team making a big run at him.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                              Okay, back to actual closers & best 2nd half spec guys...
                              STECKENRIDER: Claw and Ziegler likely moved. ?
                              Bearclaw can be controlled for 3 more years (Steckenrider for 5 more years) and thus Miami's asking price is extremely high. I doubt either one is moved. If anyone is getting traded from the Miami bullpen, it will be Ziegler, who has been good since he was removed from the closer role (and dont let the door hit you on the way out).

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                I'm not so sure Kela is gone. He has two more years of team control, so I don't think it's a certainty he gets dealt. Add in his rep of clubhouse disruption, and I don't see a playoff team making a big run at him.
                                Yeah, I agree--I doubt Kela gets moved. If anyone in that bullpen gets moved, it will be Diekman.

I also agree with Pauly that Ziegler will be the guy moved out of Miami, unless someone overpays for Bearclaw, who has been great, but is pitching above his head.

I also don't think there is a need for the Padres to move Hand for all the same reasons--he is still relatively cheap and under team control for years. Although, given how much they have abused him over the last couple of years, they may be wise to sell while his value is still high. I do worry that eventually all those innings and pitches will catch up to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X