2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Yeah he's dominating that one category! Now about the other 4...
    ** don't get into a silly argument with Mith **

OK I have nothing to say

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

OK I have nothing to say
      Silly.

I love Altuve and recognize his brilliance but come on ken his stats in 5x5 are pretty subpar thus far given expectations. He has 4 hr and 8 sb. 29 runs isnt world beating either.

Will he pick those cats up? Probably. But up to today, he has been a bit of a fantasy disappointment in 5x5. If you dont agree, frankly you're just arguing for no reason.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Parker w a solid save tonite. 1.0IP, K, BB. Might still be competing w Anderson but I think Parker is winning so far.

Comment

• The Pirates situation showed some clarity...until it didn't. Crick seemed to have leapfrogged Santana as the main setup guy, but came in and proceeded to come in and do Crick-like things: 2 walks, 2 wild pitches, a balk, and a single, resulting in 2 ER in 2/3 IP before getting pulled. All of this while Santana threw a clean 7th against the top of the lineup. Now it's just time to see how Vazquez looks going for the 4-out save...

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            The Pirates situation showed some clarity...until it didn't. Crick seemed to have leapfrogged Santana as the main setup guy, but came in and proceeded to come in and do Crick-like things: 2 walks, 2 wild pitches, a balk, and a single, resulting in 2 ER in 2/3 IP before getting pulled. All of this while Santana threw a clean 7th against the top of the lineup. Now it's just time to see how Vazquez looks going for the 4-out save...
            He looked okay. I think the clarity is that it's still Vazquez's job.

Comment

• Hector Rondon now with the last two saves (both shaky) for The Astros. He was a decent closer for the Cubs a few years ago before Aroldis Chapman and Wade Davis bumped him.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Padres again go with Hand for the brutal 8th and Yates for the easier 9th.

dumb MLB RP management is taking a hit, finally, after 40 years! (Brewers great at it, Phillies a mixed bag but at least trying)
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  Padres again go with Hand for the brutal 8th and Yates for the easier 9th.

dumb MLB RP management is taking a hit, finally, after 40 years! (Brewers great at it, Phillies a mixed bag but at least trying)
                  The nerve of these guys ignoring the roto community! It's almost like real baseball is more important than fantasy!

Comment

• Last night, the Cardinals went with Hicks instead of Norris. Norris had pitched the two previous nights and was atrocious the night before, so maybe they were just giving him a breather. However, Hicks had also pitched the two previous nights. I see some more closer unrest in St. Louis.

At the end of May, Hicks changed his pitch mix to try and augment his 100+ MPH fastball. Since then, Ks are up and BBs are down. He's a kid and these are the Cardinals, so I'm not saying they're about to hand him the keys to the ninth inning or anything, but it appears that he's being groomed. He was aggressively promoted to the majors. He's been put into higher leverage situations as the year has gone on, and now with Disabled List attrition, he and Norris are kind of the last men standing.

If there's a save situation tonight, it'll go to Norris, undoubtedly. Whatever happens then will provide another data point.

Comment

• So who is the closer of the future in DET? Is it Joe Jimenez? Wondering what the likelihood of Greene getting traded this year is, and/or whether I should stash Jimenez in hopes of having a cheap closer sometime this year or next.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                        So who is the closer of the future in DET? Is it Joe Jimenez? Wondering what the likelihood of Greene getting traded this year is, and/or whether I should stash Jimenez in hopes of having a cheap closer sometime this year or next.
                        It's probably Jimenez but I'm not sure Greene will be as available as people think. This was only his first year of arbitration so he's still pretty cheap and his numbers are mediocre enough that teams won't be drooling over him.

Comment

• Yates the top of the order today in the 8th, 1-2-3.
                          I wonder if Hand would have faced Bour with 2 outs if a runner got on. I suppose so.
                          anyway, Hand a 1-2-3 9th

Phillies, up 4-2 in 7th, go to wunderkind Seranthony for 2 innings. he allows a run but still 4-3
                          Kapler spins his wheel, LRivera (!) for the 9th. gets 2 outs, allows a single and double but no run - so here comes (wheel spin) Tommy Hunter (!) for the SV.

earlier in the year, Kapler said he likes Neris vs lefties. now, he doesn't like Neris, who was perfect this week - a 1-2-3 inning in his lone appearance (and that while Phils trailed). Neris had allowed single runs in 4 appearances over the previous 10-12 days, so Kapler clearly has made Neris's pie piece on the wheel very tiny.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• It's starting to look like a changing of the guard in Houston. Rondon strikes out the side in the 9th for his 3rd save in 5 days. Meanwhile, Giles pitches the 6th & 7th innings.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Is it a foregone conclusion that Hand will be setting up elsewhere in August? I'm looking at Hand as a third piece in a deal where I need saves. I could grab Yates as the handcuff now or late-July.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                                Is it a foregone conclusion that Hand will be setting up elsewhere in August? I'm looking at Hand as a third piece in a deal where I need saves. I could grab Yates as the handcuff now or late-July.
                                No, I don't think it is a lock. Fans need some continuity to keep caring, and Hand is on a long term team friendly deal. I don't know why they would be in a rush to deal him, unless, of course, they get a great haul, which they might. I hope he is still closing wherever he goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X