2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    No longer perfect, He gave up a hit. Turns out he's mortal after all.
    Well, he hit a batter on the 13th so technically...
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Marlins, ahead 3-1 in the top of the 8th vs Mets, had Bearclaw up. even after Marlins made it 5-1, Bearclaw came on for bottom 8. and no, Mattingly is not thinking of going the Josh Hader route with Bearclaw, so Ziggy still with it

speaking of Hader, he enters for the 7th in a 1-0 Brewers lead. 2 scoreless, Knebel the SV

PHI had ERamos - off for the last 4 days - in top 9 while down 2-1. allows unearned run
      Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-22-2018, 09:28 PM.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Greg Holland with the Cards down by two in the ninth, allows 3h, 1 bb, 2 er without recording an out. He now has an era of 8.76 and a whip of 2.59! His last 3 appearances have resulted in 7h, 4bb, & 6er while recording just 3 outs! He has just 9 k's in his 17 appearances!
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Greg Holland with the Cards down by two in the ninth, allows 3h, 1 bb, 2 er without recording an out. He now has an era of 8.76 and a whip of 2.59! His last 3 appearances have resulted in 7h, 4bb, & 6er while recording just 3 outs! He has just 9 k's in his 17 appearances!
          If his name wasn't 'Greg Holland' he would have been DFA'd already.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I don't think it's the name on the contract, I think it's the number.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              I don't think it's the name on the contract, I think it's the number.
              Phil Hughes just got tossed overboard with $22m left on his ungodly deal. The Cards are only spiting themselves if they keep this guy, who is completely unworthy of being on their roster let alone entering a game, in place of another bullpenner. They really can't use him at all.

Comment

Phil Hughes just got tossed overboard with $22m left on his ungodly deal. The Cards are only spiting themselves if they keep this guy, who is completely unworthy of being on their roster let alone entering a game, in place of another bullpenner. They really can't use him at all.
                Matt Bowman, Luke Gregerson and Tyler Lyons are all on the DL. Maybe when they get healthy they'll consider tossing him overboard.

The Cards seem committed to bringing Reyes back as a starter. I think Waino will be staying in the bullpen whenever he's healthy. With Reyes, C-Mart, Weaver, Flaherty, Wacha and Mikolas they have 6 other SPs if they're all healthy. So we might see one of them shuffled to the bullpen. Weaver maybe? Wacha? They also said they won't use a 6-man rotation, but we'll see if that actually comes true.

Comment

So how many fantasy owners are still holding on to him (besides me in a 12 teamer with a decent size bench)?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    So how many fantasy owners are still holding on to him (besides me in a 12 teamer with a decent size bench)?
                    one owner just put him OTB and wants a usable bat for him. Couldnt help but giggle a little.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

New regime for the Twins, and they have no ties at all to Hughes. The Public spin by all the writers and the bloggers is that the 3 year extension (after Hughes had a GREAT season), was an unnecessary bungle by Terry Ryan. So they were happy to toss him overboard, and look like the savvy young guys who want nothing but the best for the club.

St Louis is ties to Holland, because they panicked and signed him, even though nobody else was in the running, IIRC. So they NEED his to have some sort of success, which seems doubtful at this point.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Matt Bowman, Luke Gregerson and Tyler Lyons are all on the DL. Maybe when they get healthy they'll consider tossing him overboard.

The Cards seem committed to bringing Reyes back as a starter. I think Waino will be staying in the bullpen whenever he's healthy. With Reyes, C-Mart, Weaver, Flaherty, Wacha and Mikolas they have 6 other SPs if they're all healthy. So we might see one of them shuffled to the bullpen. Weaver maybe? Wacha? They also said they won't use a 6-man rotation, but we'll see if that actually comes true.
                        Leone is coming back too, he pitched in Reyes's last start...so the Cards should have some help soon.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          New regime for the Twins, and they have no ties at all to Hughes. The Public spin by all the writers and the bloggers is that the 3 year extension (after Hughes had a GREAT season), was an unnecessary bungle by Terry Ryan. So they were happy to toss him overboard, and look like the savvy young guys who want nothing but the best for the club.

St Louis is ties to Holland, because they panicked and signed him, even though nobody else was in the running, IIRC. So they NEED his to have some sort of success, which seems doubtful at this point.
                          It's a one year deal, there's really not as much pressure. If it doesn;t work out, it doesn't work out. Yes it was stupid, but at this point in the season they're only on the hook for $10m or so left. Send him to the minors, place him on the DL with suckitis, and maybe they'll get a solid third of the season out of him as a bullpen arm.

Comment

• Any reason to keep around ERamos or Jeffress in NL-only? About to have a roster crunch and they're the most likely casualties.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              Any reason to keep around ERamos or Jeffress in NL-only? About to have a roster crunch and they're the most likely casualties.
                              If you just need saves, you can probably lose Jeffress. He's probably the #2 there, if you ignore that weird shit they're doing with Hader. Barring another (god forbid) injury to Knebel, Jeffress is merely a very fine middle reliever.

I think the situation in Philly is much more fluid. I'm not sure where the rest of Philly's save are going to land. Right now, I'd guess that Neris gets the lion's share, but it's still up in the air. I like Dominguez, but I find it very doubtful that he takes the closer role and owns it. First, he doesn't even have 10 inning in MLB, and I just don't think a numbers guy like Kapler would EVER give his ninth solely to a guy with no track record, no real data. I think he's open enough to play matchups and give Dominguez a share, but I seriously doubt he gets sole position of the closer role there. Neris is shaky, but at least he has data, and it isn't all bad. After that, they have Garcia and Ramos and usage patterns suggest that Ramos is the favored arm. That leaves him as a tenuous #2 on a team with a fluid closer position and a manager who isn't afraid to shake shit up, which is really something in an NL-only. Cut him if you have to, but you could come to regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                Any reason to keep around ERamos or Jeffress in NL-only? About to have a roster crunch and they're the most likely casualties.
                                Slight possibility of Ramos getting saves in a who knows bullpen in Philly. Jeffress is out of the picture now.

Comment

Working...
                                X