No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holland was one of my keepers the last two years and i reluctantly dropped him last week. I now regret not picking up Norris (gone shortly after) when i considered it at the beginning of the year.

I was concerned last season about Holland pitching so many high leverage (high stress) innings during his first year back from TJ surgery. I think that the Rockies knew he wasn't going to resign with them and didn't care about the long term health effects of overusing him. It seems as though my worst fears about Holland may be true as he now looks more and more like damaged goods. Sadly, if he needs a second TJ surgery, it could be a career ender.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by mithrandir View Post
      so mad regression coming soon?
      you take that back!
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        still another crappy outing - UGH
        Yep. He was dropped in a shallow mixer. I'm holding in a mid-depth mixer but today I officially benched him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Josh Hader with another 6 k's and a win in 2.1 innings of work.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I like what MIL and PHI are doing generally (in spite of all 5 of my RP being on those teams), in that they are not beholden to some crusty tradition.

but I don't know that leaving Hader in to pitch to 3 tomato cans in the 9th - thus presumably leaving him out of tomorrow night's game in a big spot - is optimal. they also have a closer who struck out an also-ridiculous # of batters last year available. I would want to have both in my arsenal for Sunday, not just one.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• As JJ points out, Philly is pulling a MIL with their bullpen, which seems to be working. But if you had to put odds in Seranthony Domiguez emerging as the primary save guy, what would they be?

Comment

• in spite of what Kapler claims of committee, it seems like Neris's only chances now are to get out the last lefty (which he didn't even get to do today).
                Dominguez has retired all 20 batters he has faced in MLB. talk committee all you want, but c'mon man.

I think Neris is most in jeopardy, vs ERamos or Dominguez - all of whom I own, for now

once Kershaw and Lucchesi return, I will have to prune. killing it in ERA/Ratio, solid in SV, ok in K, and bad in W. I'll have to make decisions.........

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  in spite of what Kapler claims of committee, it seems like Neris's only chances now are to get out the last lefty (which he didn't even get to do today).
                  Dominguez has retired all 20 batters he has faced in MLB. talk committee all you want, but c'mon man.

I think Neris is most in jeopardy, vs ERamos or Dominguez - all of whom I own, for now

once Kershaw and Lucchesi return, I will have to prune. killing it in ERA/Ratio, solid in SV, ok in K, and bad in W. I'll have to make decisions.........
                  Yeah, but he's not this good and has no closing experience anywhere. Ramos has been much better in his career and had closing experience in the minors.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Yeah, but he's not this good and has no closing experience anywhere. Ramos has been much better in his career and had closing experience in the minors.
                    I get what you’re saying, but Dominguez has evil stuff. Experience is his main challenge, IMO.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Nate Jones got his second straight save yesterday so I would assume he's the closer du jour in Chicago. Joakim Soria has not been in a save opp since May 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I get what you’re saying, but Dominguez has evil stuff. Experience is his main challenge, IMO.
                        Agreed.

Dominguez is the kind of guy that catches a lot of attention, but, paradoxically, he'll have to prove he can close in MLB before he'll be allowed to close in MLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Yup, but there's a reason that he's moved up SO quickly this year. He either developed another pitch, or learned to really control what he has. I know that's Captain Obvious stuff, but his success this year is remarkable...he's allowed TWO walks in over 23 innings. Managers will take that every time.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Gsellman a 5-out SV for NYM, whiffed the side in the 9th

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Romo starts the game for the 2nd day in a row. I'm not sure I've ever seen this.

Comment

• Jace Fry w a surprise save today for the ChiSox. Perfect inning w 2 Ks. He's now thrown 8.3 IP w no hits no runs and 12 Ks! Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X