No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone just traded for Middleton in my main league tonight. It surprised me, as elbow injuries scare me. He seems to think Middleton will be fine. What do you all think?

Comment

• Well, it didnt take long for Bedrosian to blow a save after the injury to Middleton, as he surrendered a 2-run lead tonite. O's still batting w 1 on and only 1 out.

Comment

• Hand w a nice bounceback tonite as he had a perfect inning to protect a 1-run lead and got the save. I was surprised they used him after the 37-pitch failure yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Hand w a nice bounceback tonite as he had a perfect inning to protect a 1-run lead and got the save. I was surprised they used him after the 37-pitch failure yesterday.
          I'm was shocked they used him. Nice to see he had a fast, clean inning, but I'm not happy with his usage so far. He has been abused for years, and a move like this is just more of the same. I fear that catches up to him at some point.

Comment

• Disastrous outing from Brach tonite. Came in to a tie game w 1 out and noone on and didnt retire anyone, gave up 3 H and a BB and lost the game. I dont know what his problem is but he's gone from pretty good closer to garbage in less than a month. He's not getting the job back now.
            Last edited by rhd; 05-02-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Disastrous outing from Bach tonite. Came in to a tie game w 1 out and noone on and didnt retire anyone, gave up 3 H and a BB and lost the game. I dont know what his problem is but he's gone from pretty good closer to garbage in less than a month. He's not getting the job back now.
              Givens has settled in as the temperatures have come up. Maybe he gets a shot in the interim.

Comment

Disastrous outing from Bach tonite. Came in to a tie game w 1 out and noone on and didnt retire anyone, gave up 3 H and a BB and lost the game. I dont know what his problem is but he's gone from pretty good closer to garbage in less than a month. He's not getting the job back now.
                I agree, he's not getting that job brach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I agree, he's not getting that job brach.
                  Bad joke AND cannot type.

Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• So, what is the value of Bud Norris? I was offered Zach Davies for him in my 12 team NL Only league.

I already have Hand and Vazquez/Rivero, so Norris is more of a luxury. My SP is pretty dreadful, with Rich Hill, Chacin, Mahle, Wheeler, Tyler Anderson, along with some other pretty terrible options like Lively, Eickhoff, Urena.

What say the pen?

Comment

• I would deal Norris - but not for Davies, who is fool's gold.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        I would deal Norris - but not for Davies, who is fool's gold.
                        It's the only offer other than Derek Holland or Anthony Desclafani. Seems not too many believers

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          So, what is the value of Bud Norris? I was offered Zach Davies for him in my 12 team NL Only league.

I already have Hand and Vazquez/Rivero, so Norris is more of a luxury. My SP is pretty dreadful, with Rich Hill, Chacin, Mahle, Wheeler, Tyler Anderson, along with some other pretty terrible options like Lively, Eickhoff, Urena.

What say the pen?
                          I offered Mike Minor for him in my 16-teamer and was declined. He countered with Norris & Adam Jones for Marcell Ozuna....ya, no thanks.

I like Norris and think he's got about a 50/50 chance of keeping the job. Holland is on a 1-year deal and the Cards don't owe him the gig.

Comment

I would deal Norris - but not for Davies, who is fool's gold.
                            Given his situation, I agree with this. Try to get someone with upside instead of downside. I also have Norris, but my only other "closers" in that league are Neris and apparently Jeffress (who the hell knows what the Brewers are doing, but I'll take the two saves in two days), so I have to hope that revo is right.

Comment

• can you do any better for Hand?

heck, if you can run up the score in SV a bit, you might even be able to trade Rivero/Vasquez at midseason and get away with little to no damage in SV.....
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

can you do any better for Hand?

heck, if you can run up the score in SV a bit, you might even be able to trade Rivero/Vasquez at midseason and get away with little to no damage in SV.....
                                With Davies on the DL, he changed the offer to a $1 Chen which, again, I'm not convinced.

Only offer I received for Hand or Rivero/Vasquez was a $23 Hendricks, but Hand and Rivero/Vasquez are signed through 2019 at $7 and $9 respectively, so not overly eager to deal them if possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X