Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewers up 5-2 and go to Albers for a scoreless 7th

tough keep in a mixed league, for sure, even with a 1.46 ERA
    Knebel on the mend, Hader hot, Barnes in play.....
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Minter gets his 1st MLB save tonite. Interesting that they went to Minter instead of Vizcaino. They've both been used exactly the same amount over the last few days and I havent heard that Vizcaino has an injury or was otherwise unavailable. Minter has pitched well this year so far but Vizcaino's stats look good too. He has only 1 save but has had only 2 save opps.

Comment

• Closer Monkey is saying Atl bullpen looks like a closer by committee.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Minter gets his 1st MLB save tonite. Interesting that they went to Minter instead of Vizcaino. They've both been used exactly the same amount over the last few days and I havent heard that Vizcaino has an injury or was otherwise unavailable. Minter has pitched well this year so far but Vizcaino's stats look good too. He has only 1 save but has had only 2 save opps.
          ATL just wasn't generating chances. Snitker gave Minter the shot tonight because there were 2 lefties due up. So I think this is a job share (for now) but could turn into more down the road.

Comment

• Damn you Fernando Rodney! It's not like I get good starts from Kyle Gibson every day! And there you go blowing it in the 9th.

Comment

• Vizcaino SV today, but yes Minter is a possibility. worth a reach if you're desperate for SV in mixed.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Handed the sv opp tonite, Greg Holland had a disastrous outing. W a 5-2 lead, he gave up 3 R (2 ER) and blows the save w/o recording an out. He left w a runner on 3rd but somehow Leone Lyons and Bowman escaped w/o giving up the winning run. I guess Norris (used in the 8th tonite) is still the closer for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Handed the sv opp tonite, Greg Holland had a disastrous outing. W a 5-2 lead, he gave up 3 R (2 ER) and blows the save w/o recording an out. He left w a runner on 3rd but somehow Leone Lyons and Bowman escaped w/o giving up the winning run. I guess Norris (used in the 8th tonite) is still the closer for now.
                  What the heck is Holland's problem? Did he lose his closer mentality? He has pitched well in setup situations this year. But, implodes every time he pitches the 9th.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• well, missing spring training probably didn't help

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      What the heck is Holland's problem? Did he lose his closer mentality? He has pitched well in setup situations this year. But, implodes every time he pitches the 9th.
                      His defense did him no favors...the 1st baseman did an matador's cape flip on a really routine ball to 1st. And then Pham dropped one in CF. To be fair, it was a really hard hit ball, but Pham should have held on to it.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        His defense did him no favors...the 1st baseman did an matador's cape flip on a really routine ball to 1st. And then Pham dropped one in CF. To be fair, it was a really hard hit ball, but Pham should have held on to it.
                        Given that I spent $47 on Holland in 1 league, I really appreciate this context, thanks.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          Given that I spent $47 on Holland in 1 league, I really appreciate this context, thanks.
                          And I spent $37 in our NL league. After the last several outings I thought he was ready to take over as closer. The question is does Matheny back off and use Norris who has performed well then try Holland again? The Cards are off to a good start and these are the games you are not suppose to lose. That factor could weigh in.

Comment

• How long before Reed replaces Rodney?

Comment

• O'Day w the save opp today instead of Brach or Givens,and he came thru in fine fashion, tossing a perfect inning w 2 Ks. I had noticed that they were using Brach earlier in games but I hadnt heard of a switch in closers nor do I know why. Brach has been somewhat shaky this year but all of the O's relievers have been somewhat shaky (except for soft-tossing Bleier), including O'Day. Givens would seem to be a more logical choice for a closer replacement as O'Day is also a soft-tosser. I cant complain too much as a roto owner since I have both Brach and O'Day. All this seems to make it more certain that Britton gets his job back almost immediately if he's OK physically.

Comment

• Ziegler got the day off yesterday, but got the SV today. I don't think Mattingly is looking to make a move there.

Albers pitched in the 7h today and Knebel should be back in about 2 weeks, so the Fat one can be dropped in all formats (that's what I'm doing come Thursday).

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X