2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I told you after the draft that I liked your Middleton closer flyer quite a bit. Congrats on the smart snag. Hope he bombs terribly for you. :P
    Y'know, you're really testing the stereotype that all Canadians are pleasant and polite...

I bought him in the RJEL too, read a single tweet from an Angel beat writer during ST, and looked at how he was used last year, seemed to make sense, so I bought him cheap. Now that may be the only save he gats all season, but, fingers crossed.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Y'know, you're really testing the stereotype that all Canadians are pleasant and polite...
      Clearly, you have never driven in Montreal.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I bought him in the RJEL too, read a single tweet from an Angel beat writer during ST, and looked at how he was used last year, seemed to make sense, so I bought him cheap. Now that may be the only save he gats all season, but, fingers crossed.
        My 3 best pitching keepers were all acquired cheaply after poor rookie seasons: Mike Clevinger $1 - endgamer last year, Jose Berrios $5 - acquired in trade cheaply before he'd come back up, and Blake Snell $6 - I caught him on FAAB last summer... given that I was targeting 2nd year SP's, I had already filled my last pitching slots with this type (Biagini $1, F. Martes $1) when you tossed Middleton... but I'd read the hype too and would've bid on him if I'd kept the slot.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Kenley Jansen - ugh. Time to panic? Velocity down, multiple bad games... hoping this is just the fact that he had a short spring due to having the flu and some kind of hammy injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            My 3 best pitching keepers were all acquired cheaply after poor rookie seasons: Mike Clevinger $1 - endgamer last year, Jose Berrios $5 - acquired in trade cheaply before he'd come back up, and Blake Snell $6 - I caught him on FAAB last summer... given that I was targeting 2nd year SP's, I had already filled my last pitching slots with this type (Biagini $1, F. Martes $1) when you tossed Middleton... but I'd read the hype too and would've bid on him if I'd kept the slot.
            I'll give you a shot at Middleton then...Barrios should get him.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• So much for the Dominic Leone closer experiment...back to back jacks by Yelich and Braun to walk off with a Brewers win.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

So much for the Dominic Leone closer experiment...back to back jacks by Yelich and Braun to walk off with a Brewers win.
                Just keeping the seat warm for Holland anyway.

Closers and candidates not doing too well so far. For the record, another oft-mentioned closer candidate, Givens, blew a save tonite. Albeit in the 6th inning but still not a good outing.

Comment

• One closer doing great in the SSS is Diaz. He looked great all spring, and has been flawless so far. He may be turning the corner into elite territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    One closer doing great in the SSS is Diaz. He looked great all spring, and has been flawless so far. He may be turning the corner into elite territory.
                    Actually, his 1st game was a minor near-disaster. It was pretty funny because if you only saw his box score, it appeared he was dominant: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 3 K. However, he K'ed the first batter. Hit the next one. Then hit the 3rd batter. Allowed the runner on 2nd to steal 3rd. Then allowed the runner on 1st to steal 2nd. Then struck out the last 2 batters. Hardly anyone noticed because HBP doesn't show up on the line score.

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                      Actually, his 1st game was a minor near-disaster. It was pretty funny because if you only saw his box score, it appeared he was dominant: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 3 K. However, he K'ed the first batter. Hit the next one. Then hit the 3rd batter. Allowed the runner on 2nd to steal 3rd. Then allowed the runner on 1st to steal 2nd. Then struck out the last 2 batters. Hardly anyone noticed because HBP doesn't show up on the line score.
                      Yeah, I knew he had to hit by pitches, but I figure he was just letting hitters know how crazy he is. You know, being effectively wild .

Comment

• Knebel collapses on the mound holding his leg after throwing a pitch and cant put weight on it afterwards. I havent watched the video of this yet but sounds like an extended DL stint. Bummer for me as I have him in 1 of my leagues.
                        Last edited by rhd; 04-05-2018, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Knebel collapses on the mound holding his leg after throwing a pitch and cant put weight on it afterwards. I havent watched the video of this yet but sounds like an extended DL stint. Bummer for me as I have hi in 1 of my leagues.
                          Yeah, how long are hammy injuries, worst case? A tear could be as long as 8 weeks, no? Hopefully it isn't a bad one. Sometimes less bad pulls still hurt a lot and look bad at first. In any event, Josh Hader looks ready to step in while needed.

Comment

Yeah, how long are hammy injuries, worst case? A tear could be as long as 8 weeks, no? Hopefully it isn't a bad one. Sometimes less bad pulls still hurt a lot and look bad at first. In any event, Josh Hader looks ready to step in while needed.
                            I don’t like to bring up my own team often, but this is about as devastating an injury as I could get.

Comment

I'm guessing that they'll leave Hader where he is and go with some combination of Barnes, Albers, and Jeffress...it'll probably be a good week or so before we really know who it's going to be. If it IS any one guy.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                I don’t like to bring up my own team often, but this is about as devastating an injury as I could get.
                                In my league, it's no transactions allowed at all so I cant replace him. Luckily, I also took a flyer on Greg Holland so I will have another primary closer soon. But this perhaps means middle of the pack in saves at best instead of among the leaders.

Comment

Working...
                                X