X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cain to Milwaukee

Ridiculous changes for the Brewers OF

They added both Cain and Yelich today

So they have Yelich, Cain, Braun, and Santana (and Broxton, and Phillips...)

Must be more moves to come, that's too many OFers and not enough spots.

Santana will be traded within the week
    maybe Broxton, too
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Santana will be traded within the week
      maybe Broxton, too
      Is leverage a thing in MLB negotiations? Because it seems like they backed themselves into a corner. If I'm another team targetting Santana then my offer just went down knowing that MLW now has to make a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Is leverage a thing in MLB negotiations? Because it seems like they backed themselves into a corner. If I'm another team targetting Santana then my offer just went down knowing that MLW now has to make a trade.
        Even if you know that there are a bunch of other teams calling on Santana this morning? Purely speaking, you're right, but with likely 20+ teams interested in Santana I think they'll have no problem getting a decent return. If the window to close the other deals was small I can see why they jumped.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
        X