Aaron Altherr trade for Chris Taylor plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Altherr trade for Chris Taylor plus

NL only 5x5 OBP and net steals. $260 budget keeper.

I have Altherr for $1b. I can play him out or give him year raises at $5 per year. My plan when I traded for him was to give him a year to $6.

About 10 minutes after the trade was posted I received an offer of Chris Taylor $5 and done plus his 3rd round reserve pick (we have 13 rounds after the auction) and Austin Hedges 7A.

I am in rebuild mode and wonder if flipping Taylor has more value than keep or trading Altherr?

Thoughts?

I like Altherr, but at this moment, he appears to not have a full time job. I'd take Taylor and the other goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      I like Altherr, but at this moment, he appears to not have a full time job. I'd take Taylor and the other goodies.
      Agreed.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'll be contrarian. Altherr at $1 should be pretty attractive for teams in the hunt. Frees up extra money for them to target final pieces. Obviously your trading partner feels Altherr is worth more than Taylor, but Hedges is a non keeper and a 3rd round reserve is meh.

I would try to squeeze more out of him. Drop Hedges from the proposal and get a better upgrade on the reserve pick or some other piece. Taylor would be a good get for you as he should have trading value as well.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          I'll be contrarian. Altherr at $1 should be pretty attractive for teams in the hunt. Frees up extra money for them to target final pieces. Obviously your trading partner feels Altherr is worth more than Taylor, but Hedges is a non keeper and a 3rd round reserve is meh.

I would try to squeeze more out of him. Drop Hedges from the proposal and get a better upgrade on the reserve pick or some other piece. Taylor would be a good get for you as he should have trading value as well.
          who do you think the odd man out is for the Phils?
          1B Santana
          3B Franco
          OF Hoskins Herrera Williams Altherr

Williams and Herrera bat lefty while Altherr and Hoskins are righties. How do you see the at bats getting divided, provided theres no trade prior to the season?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            who do you think the odd man out is for the Phils?
            1B Santana
            3B Franco
            OF Hoskins Herrera Williams Altherr

Williams and Herrera bat lefty while Altherr and Hoskins are righties. How do you see the at bats getting divided, provided theres no trade prior to the season?
            Barring a trade, at bats will be determined by production and injuries. Hoskins should get 20 games at 1B. Herrera is streaky and has been subject to occasional benchings in the past when he loses focus. Williams and Altherr have both shown flashes but are fairly risky and unpredictable.

For the OF, I would expect something like 525 AB for Hoskins, 450 for Herrera, 375 - 400 for each of Williams and Altherr.

Comment

Working...
            X