Chris Taylor or Andrelton Simmons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Taylor or Andrelton Simmons?

I have Simmons and I have been offered Taylor in my 16 team mixed points league. Same price. My first instinct was to accept, but I fear Taylor will regress more than Simmons, and he has a lower floor since he, unlike Simmons, could lose playing time if he slumps. Simmons will get his ABs if he is healthy, and that matters in a points league. Thoughts?

I'd probably stick with Simmons, he's the safer upside with his playing time. And he K's a lot less, which usually matters in points leagues that I've been in.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd take Taylor. Yeah, your fears about Taylor are probably correct, but Simmons has a very low floor. In three of the last four seasons, Simmons has been waiver wire material, even in 16-team leagues. I'd take the risk that Taylor is not a one-year wonder over the risk of a player being just a useless fantasy heap.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I'd take Taylor. Yeah, your fears about Taylor are probably correct, but Simmons has a very low floor. In three of the last four seasons, Simmons has been waiver wire material, even in 16-team leagues. I'd take the risk that Taylor is not a one-year wonder over the risk of a player being just a useless fantasy heap.
        Agreed.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
        X