quick question -- Pineda this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question -- Pineda this season?

12-team mixed. I was offered Hanrahan (expiring) for Pineda $2. Contracts go up $5/yr. Is Pineda going to be shut down at this season? Any idea at what point?

My staff is Halladay (expiring), Verlander $24, Brett Anderson $13, Jaime Garcia $5, Ogando $7, Pineda $2, Ian Kennedy $2, Farnsworth $4, Melancon (had Lyon). I can definitely use another closer, but I'm not sure Pineda is the guy I want to trade to get one.

I'm last in saves right now, doing poorly in HR/RBI/AVG... hoping that Pujols, MReynolds, Stanton, Alvarez, Posada start hitting a little better but we'll see.

- Mike
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

You do need another closer, but you are right--Pineda is not the guy you want to trade to get one. I do think Pineda's innings will be capped this year, but barring injury, he is going to have so much vlaue for you long term, I just don't see trading him for an expiring Hanrahan. I'd try to flip Ogando for some saves. His stock should be high right now so you should be able to get what you need, and I like Pineda a lot more long term.

Comment

Agree, I like Pineda long term as well and I'm a little more confident in him then Ogando, so see what you can get for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        You do need another closer, but you are right--Pineda is not the guy you want to trade to get one. I do think Pineda's innings will be capped this year, but barring injury, he is going to have so much vlaue for you long term, I just don't see trading him for an expiring Hanrahan. I'd try to flip Ogando for some saves. His stock should be high right now so you should be able to get what you need, and I like Pineda a lot more long term.
        Agree with this.

Comment

I seem to remember someone of the Mariners brass saying they were going to cap Pineda at 170 IP, but I can't find it on-line. Bodz follows them religiously and might be able to help. But heck, even if Pineda only goes 150 IP, you want to keep him at 2 - I'd wait out another closer change like Melancon and go get him instead of dealing Pineda.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X