Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade offer for Robbie Ray

13 team..mixed...5x5..$300 budget

All players involved can be kept for 2018 (at price) , 2019 and 2020 with $5 bump each year.

I have Ray at $9

I was offered either

Pham who is $1

or

Schoop $11 and Hand $1

Thoughts? Thanks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

BA or OBP?

Comment

I think I'd do it for either. Prefer Pham slightly but Schoop/Hand might be the better value as both should smash those values.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

BA....
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I think I'd do it for either. Prefer Pham slightly but Schoop/Hand might be the better value as both should smash those values.
          You dont think Ray keeps up his elite pitching?

Comment

In a BA league Pham takes a hit and Schoop gets a boost. Both are good offers. If Ray gets 210 IP we could see 300 Ks, but not sure he’ll get there.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              If Ray gets 210 IP we could see 300 Ks, but not sure he’ll get there.
              I like the way you think!
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

I'd keep Ray, and I'm the guy who just spent a 3rd rounder on Pham. Remember, the humidor is supposed to be in use for Arizona this year, and I've heard estimates that it could cut batting production by 25%...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  You dont think Ray keeps up his elite pitching?
                  I opt for the hitter when the value is similar, which I think it is here.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I personally have a tough time turning down the Schoop & Hand for Ray offer, and I like Ray. I think he's closer to 2017 than he is 2016, but I am not sure there is another level to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      I personally have a tough time turning down the Schoop & Hand for Ray offer, and I like Ray. I think he's closer to 2017 than he is 2016, but I am not sure there is another level to him.
                      Yep, this is the tough one for me. Pretty tempting. I think today I would keep Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        I opt for the hitter when the value is similar, which I think it is here.
                        I think that was the usual thought, but since everybody and their mother hits 20 hr, should one still value the hitter over the pitcher?

Comment

Pitchers are much more risky, especially starters. Given Ray's issues the third time through the lineup, I think Schoop and Hand is a steal for you. I'd take that before it is withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            Pitchers are much more risky, especially starters. Given Ray's issues the third time through the lineup, I think Schoop and Hand is a steal for you. I'd take that before it is withdrawn.
                            So you CAN go home again...first BigJon and now you. Welcome back!
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Any other opinions?

Thanks guys for replying.

I think that i am going to pull the trigger for Schoop/Hand if he still wants the deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X