draft to auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draft to auction

I am trying to get my reluctant league to convert to an auction but the transition needs to be baby steps so..

legacy problems
    each team has four keepers based on keeping in their original draft round pick
    and also we traded draft round slots around - going for it last year might cost you a 6th round pick

so how can we convert these things for one year
    I suggest creating a table of values based on draft pick round
    ie first round $45
    second round $38 etc
    that way a draft round pick who could easily be kept in the 20th round might be a $2 keeper

draft slots
    If a player has an extra round 6 slot - the highest available then he would get $3-4 extra draft day dollars while anyone with a surplus of 20 plus round picks would get $3 subtracted per - or some other mathematical formula

I really dont want to completely start again but rather want to reward/punish moves made last year to rebuild/win

we also should bump up the keeper number from 4 to 6/7 next year

thoughts - thanks

When my league converted some 15+ years ago, that is just what we did. We assigned dollar amounts to rounds and kept first three, then then 10, and finally our final total of 15 in year three. We were also converting from a redraft to keeper. So, we didn't have to worry about people having extra picks. Not sure the best way to handle that. I don't like the idea of adding or subtracting cash, unless it is a zero sum equation. That is, can you do it in a way that there isn't more or less money total than their should be for all teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      So, we didn't have to worry about people having extra picks. Not sure the best way to handle that. I don't like the idea of adding or subtracting cash, unless it is a zero sum equation. That is, can you do it in a way that there isn't more or less money total than their should be for all teams?
      Sure, just subtract the amount from whoever traded away the pick and add to the team who received the pick.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
      X