Early keepers again - NL-only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early keepers again - NL-only

doing that expansion draft made me all excited for thinking about baseball again.

NL-only, 10 team, 5x5 using AVG. 17-man bench including minors. Minor leaguer contracts don't start until they reach the majors and their salaries don't count against the 260 cap. Inflation is pretty high - last year Kershaw 56, Harper 49, Blackmon 47, for example.

I can keep up to 18. My preliminary list is bolded. I got a little hosed by late-season injuries but I'm planning on keeping Conforto and Nelson anyway, but it hurts. And losing Cozart to the AL.

C: Barnes 5B, Wieters 17B
    1B: Freeman 33B
    2B: Happ 8A
    SS: Russell 8B
    3B: Spangenberg 10B
    CI: Aguilar 5B
    MI:
    OF: Schebler 5B, Peralta 10B, Conforto 10/option, Pirela 7B

SP: Foltynewicz 4B, Godley 14B, Kuhl 5B, Nelson 10B, Nova 9/option, Syndergaard 15X, LWeaver 12A
    RP: Capps 5B, Familia 15X, Knebel 10B, Lyons 5B

Minors: CKelly 5, RMcMahon 5, Tatis Jr 5, Rodgers 10, Meadows 10, YAlvarez 5, Flaherty 5, Fried 5, Gohara 5
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

i would be dropping Godley, Nelson and maybe Familia (he's up in the air now). You should be able to get the first 2 equal to or cheaper and get the extra contract year. If they go higher, then they're too high.

Comment

Godley is iffy in a 10-teamer. I can see the argument, especially if the humidor actually happens. I would not keep Nelson unless I saw major progress before the keeper deadline. Shoulders are too scary.

Comment

Keeping Barnes seems like a waste considering he gets less than 300 PAs.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Keeping Barnes seems like a waste considering he gets less than 300 PAs.
          Maybe. He was getting a lot of playing time in the playoffs (in the postseason the Dodgers had 15 games and he had 52 PA) and man I hate dealing with catchers, but you might be right that he's not worth using a keeper slot on.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

are you a 1 or 2 catcher league, I'm keeping him at 5 in my 12 team NL only, but we play 2 catchers
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X