14 Team Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 Team Mixer

14 team H2H 5x5 keeper. Keep 4 plus ability to keep up to 4 more that were drafted in the last 4 rounds and can be kept as 19-22nd round keepers forever.

Keep 4

J.D. Martinez
    S. Marte
    R. Acuna
    A. Bregman
    Y. Darvish
    J. Degrom

Keep up to 4 late round keepers

A. Judge
    C. Bellinger
    Y. Moncada
    G. Polanco
    M. Franco

I sold early last season after taking over a team that didn't have any late round keepers and not the best main keepers. Traded for Bellinger, Moncada, Polanco, Bregman, Darvish/Degrom. Late rounders are easy I think but main keepers have room for some difference of opinion....anybody have any? Remember, main keepers are kept in the first 4 rounds, late round keepers are kept in the last 4 rounds...forever if wanted.

Judge, Bellinger, and Moncada should be unbelievably good keepers for you for years to come. It is crazy that your top 3 late rounders are better than any three of your top rounders. I would keep Polanco as my 4th late rounder, I guess.

My top 4 for the first 4 rounds would be Martinez, Bergman, DeGrom, and either Marte or Acuna. I think Marte is fading and Acuna is rising, but I don't know if they pass each other in 2018. So, for 2018, I lean Marte, and since you have so much long term value in your late rounders, I wouldn't worry about losing Acuna long term, especially since his value won't ever be truly amazing as a top 4 round pick. Now if if he were a late rounder too, you'd have a core of 4 bats that I could not imagine being even remotely approached in terms of value. As far as your ordering, you have DeGrom last, but I like him a lot, and a lot better than Darvish, and he would be your only kept arm. Even if you like to go cheap on pitching, it is nice to have an ace, and I put DeGrom in that category, or close enough to it.

Comment

Martinez
      Marte
      Bregman
      DeGrom

Judge
      Bellinger
      Moncada
      Polanco

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Martinez
        Marte
        Bregman
        DeGrom

Judge
        Bellinger
        Moncada
        Polanco
        We gave the same answer, but yours is much more succinct .

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Judge, Bellinger, and Moncada should be unbelievably good keepers for you for years to come. It is crazy that your top 3 late rounders are better than any three of your top rounders. I would keep Polanco as my 4th late rounder, I guess.

My top 4 for the first 4 rounds would be Martinez, Bergman, DeGrom, and either Marte or Acuna. I think Marte is fading and Acuna is rising, but I don't know if they pass each other in 2018. So, for 2018, I lean Marte, and since you have so much long term value in your late rounders, I wouldn't worry about losing Acuna long term, especially since his value won't ever be truly amazing as a top 4 round pick. Now if if he were a late rounder too, you'd have a core of 4 bats that I could not imagine being even remotely approached in terms of value. As far as your ordering, you have DeGrom last, but I like him a lot, and a lot better than Darvish, and he would be your only kept arm. Even if you like to go cheap on pitching, it is nice to have an ace, and I put DeGrom in that category, or close enough to it.
          My main 4 keepers were not ordered how I view them, should have mentioned that. We agree on most everything I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            We gave the same answer, but yours is much more succinct .
            Great minds and all

Comment

Also should have mentioned...a very shallow league. Only start 9 hitters and 7 pitchers with a 6 man bench. So 14 teamer is a stretch...probably closer to a 10-12 league.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Martinez
                Marte
                Bregman
                DeGrom

Judge
                Bellinger
                Moncada
                Polanco
                I agree with this. Your late rounders will keep you competitive and your top 4 aren't slouches.

It's a funny league. I don't have the best top 4 or bottom 4, but I've been in the finals the past 2 years.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  I agree with this. Your late rounders will keep you competitive and your top 4 aren't slouches.

It's a funny league. I don't have the best top 4 or bottom 4, but I've been in the finals the past 2 years.
                  I'm still trying to figure things out..I'm more of a dynasty league guy

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    I'm still trying to figure things out..I'm more of a dynasty league guy
                    Which is good because keeping 8 out of 16 starters and no real penalty for keeping most of them makes it as close to a dynasty as I've seen without being dynasty

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Which is good because keeping 8 out of 16 starters and no real penalty for keeping most of them makes it as close to a dynasty as I've seen without being dynasty
                      My other leagues we keep entire teams of 25 so keeping 4-8 out of 22 is a lot different from what I'm used to.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        My other leagues we keep entire teams of 25 so keeping 4-8 out of 22 is a lot different from what I'm used to.
                        Hence the "without being dynasty" part...

Comment

Everyone feel the same? I think I'm sold on all but my 4th keeper. Darvish, Marte or Acuna.

I've traded for so many picks that I don't have a selection after the 11th round.

Comment

I'd say Acuna in a vacuum (but he'd die in a vacuum, so there's that...stolen from twitter), but you have NO pitching. Can you somehow get some? Otherwise this is going to be pushing a rock uphill...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              I'd say Acuna in a vacuum (but he'd die in a vacuum, so there's that...stolen from twitter), but you have NO pitching. Can you somehow get some? Otherwise this is going to be pushing a rock uphill...
                              I'd be keeping Degrom. I also have the 1st pick in the 5th round. I'm definitely OF heavy but have considered keeping Acuna anyway. Just trying to decide between Yu, Marte, Darvish. No speed if I don't keep Marte and my BA looks terrible but have some good pieces.

C--
                              1B--Bellinger
                              2B--Moncada
                              SS--
                              3B--Bregman
                              OF--Judge
                              OF--JD Mart
                              OF--Polanco
                              U

P--Degrom
                              P
                              P