Help with Mixed Dynasty Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Mixed Dynasty Keepers

Mixed 14-team league. My team struggled early on but climbed into playoff contention and made it to the finals. We must keep 4 and can keep up to 4 dynasty players backfilled from round 22. Any player drafted in round 19-22 is a dynasty keeper provided he is rostered by the draftee until July 1 in his draft year.

Must keep 4

Encarnacion
    JRamirez
    Lemahieu
    Andrus
    Yelich
    NCruz
    Pham
    Kluber
    Paxton

Hitting will be thin. Last year I picked 14th and got Lemahieu and Bregman. This year I pick 13th. :P So, I prefer to keep 3 hitters and Kluber, but I welcome other opinions.

Can keep up to 2

Trumbo (21)
    Strasburg (22)

Stras is a no-brainer and if Trumbo rebounds at all he will be a good value in round 21.
    Last edited by virgonomic; 02-23-2018, 01:24 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

At first glance, I'd go with Kluber, Encarnacion, Ramirez and then either Yelich/Cruz depending on how you feel about them (Yelich younger and more upside but terrible lineup vs. Cruz more proven and good lineup but bound to break down one of these days). I'd keep both Trumbo and Stras at those late rounds as well.

Comment

Yeah, pretty much agree with Sam here...Kluber, EE, Ramirez, and then Cruz. Pham is certainly in consideration, but man, that's a crowded outfield.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Keepers due Wed.

In the LABR they went Kluber, J-Ram, Yelich, EE, Cruz with Andrus and Pham just behind, and Paxton the next one.

So, I guess the consensus is Kluber, J-Ram, EE, Yelich unless I'm blown away by an offer.

Trumbo taken 16th round, so I think he's worth the risk in round 21. That still gives me 2 young/undervalued dynasty players in rounds 19-20.
        Last edited by virgonomic; 02-23-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I'd go Yelich over Andrus, but otherwise what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Agree with cavebird here.

Can't agree with Sam that Milwaukee's lineup is terrible. Right now, starters look and batting order looks to be Cain-Yelich-Braun-Shaw-DSantana-Arcia-Villar-Pina-pitcher.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

In Sam's defense, his post was ages ago before the Yelich trade, but after Stanton, etc., were gone.

Comment

Yeah, I butchered it. I missed Yelich, who went early 3rd round. I like him over Cruz due to speed and health. Still gonna shop my guys and see if anything comes back.

Comment

In Sam's defense, his post was ages ago before the Yelich trade, but after Stanton, etc., were gone.
                  Yep - that post was actually referring to the Marlins lineup at the time. But I agree with the rest of the group still - Kluber, Ramirez, EE and Yelich would be my 4 keepers. And Trumbo/Stras in the late rounds.

Comment

In a forever keep type keeper league (I'm being a stickler here but this isn't a dynasty league since you can't keep your whole roster), I'd have to strongly consider Pham and Paxton over EE.

You have to figure EE only has a few years left at this level while those two are on the way up and aren't too far behind EE in terms of value for 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      You have to figure EE only has a few years left at this level while those two are on the way up and aren't too far behind EE in terms of value for 2018.
                      Under normal circumstances, I'd agree. But Pham is not a normal circumstance. While his condition is under control now, he could equally well go bad very quickly. I certainly hope not, but it can't be ignored either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Yep - that post was actually referring to the Marlins lineup at the time. But I agree with the rest of the group still - Kluber, Ramirez, EE and Yelich would be my 4 keepers. And Trumbo/Stras in the late rounds.
                        My bad, Sam. 😐

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          My bad, Sam. ��
                          No worries, not the first or last time I would've been wrong about something in fantasy baseball!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Under normal circumstances, I'd agree. But Pham is not a normal circumstance. While his condition is under control now, he could equally well go bad very quickly. I certainly hope not, but it can't be ignored either.
                            With the HR increase and dearth of SB, I'd still be willing to take that chance.

Give me Kluber, Ramirez, Yelich, Pham

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              With the HR increase and dearth of SB, I'd still be willing to take that chance.

Give me Kluber, Ramirez, Yelich, Pham
                              Pham scares the crap out of me. I'm with chance - too much risk since he could drop off a cliff anytime. If I throw Pham back, I can likely get him or someone faster (Gordon, Hamilton) with one of my first 2 picks. EE will not fall to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X