To Didi or not to Didi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Didi or not to Didi

Looking at the upcoming draft, this appears to be roughly the slate of available players. I would pick 7th or 8th.
    Numbers are ADP from Fantrax

Carrasco,C 39
    Andrus,E 59
    Archer,C 60
    Kimbrel,C 60
    Segura,J 66
    Chapman,A 84
    Arrieta,J 91
    Cain,L 96
    Braun,R 100
    Cabrera,M 101
    Nunez,E 107
    Stroman,M 110
    Lester,J 114
    Giles,K 115
    Iglesias,R 116
    Perez,S 118
    Davis,W 121
    Desmond,I 124
    Colome,A 129
    Seager,K 130
    Gray,S 131
    Eaton,A 133

Given that the top five will almost certainly be gone, would you give up the pick for Didi Gregorius? I have an option on Paul DeJong and we use MI.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Looking at the upcoming draft, this appears to be roughly the slate of available players. I would pick 7th or 8th.
    Numbers are ADP from Fantrax

Carrasco,C 39
    Andrus,E 59
    Archer,C 60
    Kimbrel,C 60
    Segura,J 66
    Chapman,A 84
    Arrieta,J 91
    Cain,L 96
    Braun,R 100
    Cabrera,M 101
    Nunez,E 107
    Stroman,M 110
    Lester,J 114
    Giles,K 115
    Iglesias,R 116
    Perez,S 118
    Davis,W 121
    Desmond,I 124
    Colome,A 129
    Seager,K 130
    Gray,S 131
    Eaton,A 133

Given that the top five will almost certainly be gone, would you give up the pick for Didi Gregorius? I have an option on Paul DeJong and we use MI.

J
    I would, as I like Didi more than everyone outside the top 6. Didi's ADP is 96.5 but I prefer him to Arrieta (FA) and Cain (position).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

To be clear are your options Didi vs DeJong and a pick? If so I take the DeJong side.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        To be clear are your options Didi vs DeJong and a pick? If so I take the DeJong side.
        I get DeJong either way. The choice is Didi or a pick.

The board is what I anticipate based on possible keepers. For example, one guy has to choose between Carrasco and George Springer. The one he does not take will be the first player chosen. Another player has to choose between Yu and Archer. I went with the Fantrax ADP in the close cases.

Just looking at the list, I am leaning to throwing Didi back and taking my chances. Someone will take a flier on Miggy having one more big season or Eduardo Nunez is the answer at 3B, which will be thin. I have Matt Chapman for that role. We always get reaches and sliders. Chances are that Didi will be there when I pick. If not, Chapman and Chapman sounds like a respectable firm, no?

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          Chances are that Didi will be there when I pick. If not, Chapman and Chapman sounds like a respectable firm, no?

J
          I think this nails it. I'd roll the dice for sure - large chance that your consolation prize is the guy you're coughing up.
          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

OK I will plan on needing to pick up a MI at some point. Hey, I might get lucky and have Braun slide through. He's on my bounceback list, which gives me an idea for a thread.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
            X