Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Jason - Did you see the Angels / White Sox game last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jason - Did you see the Angels / White Sox game last night?

It's the reason why you MLB should always have the pitcher throw four pitches on an intentional walk. If you want to speed up a game that's one thing but a rule where you simply say, "I want to walk this guy" and he goes to first base is a terrible idea. Jepsen just showed you way it's a terrible idea.

Here's a link to the highlight: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14727443
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

I think that highlight shows why it's a good idea, actually. That's no way to have a game decided.

Comment

Nice camera work!

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        I think that highlight shows why it's a good idea, actually. That's no way to have a game decided.
        why not? The guy can't throw the ball to the catcher, he deserves to lose.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          I disagree. Baseball is a game of catching the ball, throwing the ball, and hitting the ball. A game where when two good teams match up it is usually the team that makes the fewest mistakes that will win. I think they should have to throw all four balls to intentionally walk a guy. Force them to make every play.....even the seemingly no-brainer easy ones. Just like the easy ground ball that should end the game but ends up going through the first basemen's legs.

Just my two cents.

Baz

Comment

Originally posted by Bazkar44 View Post
            I disagree. Baseball is a game of catching the ball, throwing the ball, and hitting the ball. A game where when two good teams match up it is usually the team that makes the fewest mistakes that will win. I think they should have to throw all four balls to intentionally walk a guy. Force them to make every play.....even the seemingly no-brainer easy ones. Just like the easy ground ball that should end the game but ends up going through the first basemen's legs.

Just my two cents.

Baz
            I agree - if a team wants to walk a guy, they should have to walk the guy.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazkar44 View Post

Just my two cents.

Baz
              Exactly. If we were to not make the pitcher throw four balls we are just moving one step towards MLB becoming a sim league. It's why they say things like, "Great team on paper but let's how they play on the field."
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                It's why they say things like, "Great team on paper but let's how they play on the field."
                they say that? I don't about that ...
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

that's why you should just plunk them in the back with offspeed stuff instead of messing up your rhythm throwing 4 wide ones.....
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    that's why you should just plunk them in the back with offspeed stuff instead of messing up your rhythm throwing 4 wide ones.....
                    Interesting solution, but I think that might get the pitcher thrown out of the game. Especially if he makes a habit out of it.

Comment

Yea, it happens one time out of the thousands it's used and that justifies it? It's a time-killer.

There's no way around it either because if you go to your mouth on the mound to get an automatic ball, they don't call it if you're IBBing someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VFYuAlZ9tr...Greg+Brady.jpg

Don Drysdale showing Greg Brady how to intentionally walk a batter with one pitch.

Comment

Working...
                        X