Stanton to the Evil Empire a done deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
    Stanton is a very good player and is capable of hitting 300 with between 50 to 70 homers per year in N.Y.. He might do that or he might hate playing under the pressure of the Bronx as other players have in the past. He should have accepted a trade to the Cardinals I think he would have been happier there.
    .300? Not likely.

And if he plays his usual 120 games, he’ll be a long way from 50 let alone 70

Comment

Yeah Jeets! Marlin fans must be thrilled with this haul! Now the Marlins can take the savings from this contract and, uhhh, do nothing with it.

Comment

Getting Gordon, Otani, and Stanton is fun for us AL-Only folks

Marlins Stadium is going to be deader than a Chick-Fil-A on Sundays once Jeets is done selling off the talent

Comment

Did NY give up much value in those prospects? Kind of seems like a pure salary dump and if so, very disappointed my Astros couldnt have done the deal. I know, save money for the 2018 free agent class, but are guys like Harper going to go for less than $26 million per year?
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            Did NY give up much value in those prospects? Kind of seems like a pure salary dump and if so, very disappointed my Astros couldnt have done the deal. I know, save money for the 2018 free agent class, but are guys like Harper going to go for less than $26 million per year?
            The Astros should be saving those dollars for breggman Correa, Springer, etc. Plus, outfield isn’t a present issue or near future (Tucker is coming).

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              I think the Yankees will basically be giving him 10/245 or close to it after the trade. That's going to be really cheap compared to Machado or Harper. Hell, JD Martinez will probably get more per year on a 5 or 6 year deal. Unfortunately, I like this for the Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                the astros should be saving those dollars for breggman correa, springer, etc. Plus, outfield isn’t a present issue or near future (tucker is coming).
                dh!
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

which current Yankee will lose the most ab's next year due to this deal? Will Stanton get more AB's at DH or in the OF?

I would guess it will be Gardner to take the biggest loss to his AB's

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                    which current Yankee will lose the most ab's next year due to this deal? Will Stanton get more AB's at DH or in the OF?

I would guess it will be Gardner to take the biggest loss to his AB's
                    As of right now, the two who lose out most are Jacoby Ellsbury (duh) and Clint Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      As of right now, the two who lose out most are Jacoby Ellsbury (duh) and Clint Frazier.
                      Didn't think about that, but is Frazier suddenly a trade candidate? Can he play CF?
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Didn't think about that, but is Frazier suddenly a trade candidate? Can he play CF?
                        Looks like he played CF in the minors, but not for a few years. Not sure he’s MLB caliber there.

If the Yanks have faith in Hicks, trading Frazier for a starter makes some sense.

Comment

Looks like he played CF in the minors, but not for a few years. Not sure he’s MLB caliber there.

If the Yanks have faith in Hicks, trading Frazier for a starter makes some sense.
                          Sure enough, Frazier now being dangled in trade with the Pirates for Gerrit Cole.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            Sure enough, Frazier now being dangled in trade with the Pirates for Gerrit Cole.
                            It was inevitable. Obviously their timetable has moved up, so the need for all these prospects is now a luxury they can't afford. If they can get Cole for Frazier & Chance Adams, it would make sense for both sides.

Comment

It was inevitable. Obviously their timetable has moved up, so the need for all these prospects is now a luxury they can't afford. If they can get Cole for Frazier & Chance Adams, it would make sense for both sides.
                              Yeah, except the Pirates have Marte, Polanco and McCutchen's replacement Austin Meadows on their OF depth chart. And already pushed Josh Bell to 1B since there was no room in the outfield. What the Pirates need is more controllable pitching (so Adams is fine) and infielders who can actually hit (which I'm not sure the Yankees have, since they're not moving Gleyber). Their future infield of Cole Tucker, K'Brian Hayes, Kevin Newman, Kevin Kramer, Will Craig... it's not good. The list of guys who are going to hit .275/.325/.375 with 10 HRs is neverending.

Comment

Working...
                              X